Author Topic: anderson  (Read 26508 times)

Offline jocalico

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: anderson
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 01:35 GMT (UK) »
Dear Peto
This is all fascinating information. Are there copies of the book to be had?
Have any of your family kept in touch with English relatives?

Jo

Offline AlabamaW-S

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 03:12 GMT (UK) »
I will try this post again.  I have successfully emailed Jo in B.C., Vicki you are in Cyprus? ( I was in Istanbul and Greece in sept.!)  Peto,  I have met many cousins from Australia from the Derham family who are descendents of Frankie, Geraldine's sister.  Have you met any of them?   Peto, I too have the Barbour book and it has many questionable facts.  I have been to Ireland twice to Milltown and have talked to children of Benjamin's youngest son..   Milltown is now owned by Barney White-Spunner, my second cousin, who is a Major General in the British Army.  Unfortunately Dan passed way this past year.   will try more in another post

Offline AlabamaW-S

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 03:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peto, Jo and Vicki,

Jo, you said it was your uncle (Stack) who met Dan and went to Milltown.  Milltown is a fascinating place and was featured on the front of a book called Irish country homes.  It is in county Offaly, in Shinrone.  There are still lands attached.  As I mentioned, Barney White-Spunner who lives in England now owns it.  We have many cousins still in Ireland...descendents of William Benjamin W-S, one of the youngest sons.   There are two of his children still living, Oonah White-Spunner and Eva Webb and they both live near Milltown.  I had met three of WB's children (Eyre, Dick and Dan) who have now passed. 
Peto, have met some Derham's from Australia, also Joan Jones when I was a child.  She must have been Isabel's child.  Do you have all the information on Ellen Mary's children.  I have names but not many dates??
Vicki,  I'm afraid I don't have any information from our side on BN's cousin..but I love that you have done the research, thank you for that...and I look forward to when we can Personal Message.   Best to all....Merv   (Mary Mervin White-Spunner) 

Offline Peto

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 09 December 10 03:34 GMT (UK) »
Joshua Thomas Noble Anderton married Ellen Mary White-Spunner in Melbourne in 1892. there was 6 children
Stewart, Francis, Alice, Katrine, Claire (my mother), Joan. I will try to look up all there dates of B.D.M. My Grandfather was a bit of a snob and somtimes called himself Anderton instead of Anderson he used it in all legal documents. Mum said it was rubbish. I have been to Miltown and had a couple of days there it was lovely. As our great grandmother had 11 children the familly is rather large. There are not many of us left in Australia as Stewart. and Alice died without family. Joan married late and had no Children. My brother died early to.  Peto

Offline jocalico

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 09 December 10 04:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peto,

Well you have 2 new cousins [and more!] now in Canada and the US!
Thank you for all this new information Peto!

Offline AlabamaW-S

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 09 December 10 05:39 GMT (UK) »
Yes Peto, you have over 100 cousins in the U.S. as CTN had 11 children.  Is your last name Fitzpatrick?   That is what I have as the last name of Geraldine's husband.  I talked to my cousin Claire Sapp this evening and she said your mother was an engineer...is that correct...Claire is an engineer as well and she says she has stories about the sisters.    When did you visit Milltown?  You must have met Dick and Janet as they lived there until Dick had to go to a nursing home. Did you meet Dan?    Janet is now living in Birr.    Is there anyone in Ireland you keep in touch with?    Merv

Offline jocalico

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 15 February 11 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Hello again! Happy belated  New Year!
I am hoping to meet Mervin in Alabama in late July en route[roundabout i know] to the UK where my family will be living for the year.

Peto...the book you have by Stephen Barber...you probably know this, but he was the father i believe of Sarah Maria Barber who married Thomas White [Spunner] both parents of Benjamin who married letitia.

Do you have a copy of this book??

If you send me your email address I can foward you a very charming diary of the year 1828 wriiten by Sarah...I came across it via a random email from someone on ancestry.ca whose daughter is the library manager of the british Dental Association, long story how she ended up finding this diary.

jo

Offline jocalico

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 03 October 11 05:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Peto and Vicki!!
This is Jo here...I had to change my email so my new register username is jocalicocanada!

Well...a lot has happened since I last posted.
We had a wonderful holiday in Alabama with Mervin Whitespunner and all her relatives..it was amazing finding all these cousins!!
It was strange to see some relatives with whom they said i shared the "Whitespunner eyes"..
Mervin and I have been looking into Letitia Hannah Damer Whitespunner and there are several real missing links.
Peto...do you have a copy of the book showing letitia's mother?

We[my husband, our 18 year old son] leave for the UK October 22nd until August 2012. We hope to visit Milltown whilst over there.

Hope you are all well!Have attached a photo of my father Richard Damer merrin with his older sister Sybil and their younger sister Girlie but real name Josephine who sadly died at 2 from meningitis. This led to my grandparents leaving to work in Malaysia. Grandad was a doctor there.

Offline Peto

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 05 October 11 04:05 BST (UK) »
Dear Jo. Yes I have the book with my great grandmothers family in it. It is probably not realy accurate although alot of research has gone onto it. My mother always said she did not belive in the royal connection although her Father was very convinced of it. He also has a connection to royalty through the Duke of Cumberland which he was very proud. Mum always said a lot of nonsence. I would send you some if I could get my printer to work I think I am going to have to bye a new one.  Love Peto.