Author Topic: anderson  (Read 26613 times)

Offline gemini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: anderson
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 07:02 BST (UK) »
 :) and thank you to all who reply sorry i took so long getting back you to all  :D
Cole, Chapman, Palmer, Stenlake, Horn, Lillicrapp, Seccombe, Lindsay, Hatch, Landroth, Pettersson, Candler, Andersson, Bradford

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 October 10 07:50 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, Peto. It's lovely when two branches of a family get re-connected and can exchange information. After you've 3 posts (only 2 more needed) you will be able to use PM (personal message) system and trade email addresses, personal and recent family details with gemimi.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Peto

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 October 10 03:46 BST (UK) »
found this,don't know if this is the same joshua.

BIRTH. CLAIRE GERALDINE HENRY ANDERSON 11-9-1904. DUNEDEN, NEW ZEALAND

PARENTS.
JOSHUA THOMAS NOBLE ANDERSON.  ELLEN MARY WHITE-SPUNNER.

regards mary.

This Claire is my mother J.T. Anderson was doing the Duneden sewerage system. Joan her sister was born in Belfast.Peto

Offline Peto

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 13 October 10 03:52 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know the siblings of Joshua Anderson who was born 14 February 1865, at
Springbank, Dunmurry, Co Antrim, Ireland, the third child and second son of the 7 children of the
Reverend Samuel Anderson, Vicar of Upper Fals, Ireland. His mother was the daughter of Nelson
Foley of Ballygally, sometime High Sheriff of Waterford. I know he had two brothers Henry and John Gilman Anderson and a sister Alice who was the eldest daughter but who are the rest of the children. John Gilman Anderson died in New Zealand. Did Samuel have a brother with a son named John?
regards Maggie
Dear Maggie I will look up the children of Samuel Anderson, My Granddad came to Australia to get a job so he could marry Ellen Mary White-Spunner as her father said they could not marry before he had a good job.  Peto

Offline Peto

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 17 October 10 05:17 BST (UK) »
Leticia Anderson never married she moved to England and kept house for William Anderson her brother. Henry joined the army and become a Colonel I have some photo's of him.
my mother was named after him. The names of the family were William, Alice, Joshua, Leticia, Henry, Cliffe, and John (Jack). I am not sure if this is the right order the first 3 are right.  peto

Offline gemini

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 17 October 10 06:12 BST (UK) »
Who did Henry marry? Samuel's brothers who did they marry?
Cole, Chapman, Palmer, Stenlake, Horn, Lillicrapp, Seccombe, Lindsay, Hatch, Landroth, Pettersson, Candler, Andersson, Bradford

Offline victoriafawcett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 06 November 10 05:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi

My husband is a direct descendant of Benjamin White (1767-1814) and Elizabeth Spunner (1765-), I have been researching the White Spunner tree for some time and found that Henry White (-1880), brother of Thomas Spunner White-Spunner, Ellen Mary Anderson's grandfather, went to live in Sydney sometime prior to his marriage to Catherine Elizabeth Pole in Narrellen, Sydney in 1845. He died at his residence in Wynyard Square, Sydney in 1880.

He has issue, I can let you have more info if you wish. Ellen and Joshua's story is fascinating - I have been riveted!

Kind regards
Vicki Fawcett

Offline Peto

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 07 November 10 03:06 GMT (UK) »
I would love to know more as I had no idea that any other family was in Australia, I have lots of interesting facts on Joshua and Ellen Mary, so we may be able to exchange. Yours Peto

Offline victoriafawcett

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 11 November 10 17:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Peto

Apologies for not coming back to you sooner, Henry White married Catherine Elizabeth Pole Pilsworth (daughter of Dr Pilsworth of Maryborough, Queen's Co, Ireland and God-daughter of the Countess of Mornington) in 1845 and they had 2 sons, John Stl (?) White b 1846 Sydney and William Pilsworth White (b.1848 - d.9/6/1909 Marrickville NSW). William married Ellen Victoria Cook (d.1918) and they had issue: Henry W (1875-), William S (1877-), Catherine Emma (1879-), Violet Muriel (1882-) and Clara V (1889-).

Catherine E P White died in 1849 after a painful illness, they were residents of Wynyard Square, Sydney.

I have a copy of the will of Benjamin Nicolson White Spunner which I would be more than happy to let you have a copy of. It is too big to email however, I would be willing to post it if you can give me a mailing address (*).

Most of my info is documented on Ancestry.co.uk under Fawcett family tree and White Spunner family tree. I am happy to send you an invite if you wish.

I have recently been in touch with a direct descendant of Sophia (White-Spunner) Merrin, Ellen Mary's sister. She has had some fascinating info re Letitia Hannah Sandys Damer White-Spunner being a grandaughter of George IV and Maria Fitzherbert.

Bye for now, kind regards

Vicki

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php