Author Topic: Sir Stanley Bell, Wigan or nearby  (Read 19672 times)

Offline windsor17

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sir Stanley Bell, Wigan or nearby
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 29 April 18 16:24 BST (UK) »
Read your post with great interest and apologies for my delay in responding. I would welcome any further information regarding George Bell and Frances May and their antecedents. We would appear to be first cousins twice removed.
Now in our eighties, though both originating from Doncaster, my wife and I live in North Norfolk near Holt where I farmed for a number of years. We still live in one of the farmhouses but sold the land some years ago as none of our three children was interested in agriculture.

John Bell.

Offline Clairep4

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 22 July 19 03:09 BST (UK) »
Hello, I am Claire Pearson, granddaughter of Florence Bell (my father was Chris Pearson who committed suicide in 1977).  I believe you are actually my godfather 😊

I'd love to know more about the Bell side, especially interested in how Gertrude Bell (of Queen of the desert fame) ties in, is she a distant relative and if so how?
Read your post with great interest and apologies for my delay in responding. I would welcome any further information regarding George Bell and Frances May and their antecedents. We would appear to be first cousins twice removed.
Now in our eighties, though both originating from Doncaster, my wife and I live in North Norfolk near Holt where I farmed for a number of years. We still live in one of the farmhouses but sold the land some years ago as none of our three children was interested in agriculture.

John Bell.

Offline Bronte18

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 23 July 19 10:27 BST (UK) »
This probably rather late to be replying and you may have had a reply already. But Gertrude Bell was associated with the village in North Yorkshire where I used to live, East Rounton. There is a stained glass window int he church in her honour. She is connected to Sir Hugh Bell who lived in East Rounton. These Bells owned steel works in Middlesbrough. Certainly way back we may be connected, as we all may be, but I have not identified any connection and have taken the Bell family back to 17th century in the area around Richmond.