Author Topic: 1851/61 census lookup /Complete  (Read 3476 times)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
1851/61 census lookup /Complete
« on: Wednesday 22 July 09 06:37 BST (UK) »
could i please have a census look up  for
Samuel Spencer born 1836 in Holywell he married Ann Lloyd in 1858
his father was Edward Spencer not sure of the mother may have been Grace he was in whitford in 71

audrey

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1851/61 census lookup
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 July 09 07:36 BST (UK) »
In 1851 Samiel is with Parents Edward and Grace living at Penyball Holywell with siblings,Edward(14),William(8),Mary(6).Edwarrd Snr is given as 38 and Grace is 42.All are given as born in Holywell apart from Edward Snr given as born in Shropshire.HO107/2500/406/36.
     In 1861 Samuel is given as the Son In Law of a Joseph Lloyd(66) and showing living with his Wife Ann(27) daughter Sarah A(8  months) and Joseph's son Edward(36).RG9/4267/27/22.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 July 09 07:59 BST (UK) »
It seems gremlins are at work on the Site!Despite my efforts to change it,William Spencer is given as 8 years old in 1851!

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 July 09 08:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks William,
 that confirms Samuels mother mother was grace I know about brother Edward and sister Mary but William is new to me

audrey

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1851/61 census lookup /Complete
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 22 July 09 08:34 BST (UK) »
Other than Samuel I can't find any of the corresponding Family from 1851 in 1861.There is a death of a Grace Spencer in 1869.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 22 July 09 08:43 BST (UK) »
thanks been looking for a marriage for Edward to Grace no Luck wonder if this is another second marriage ?
just sent off for some certs yesterday in the hope of sorting out the Francis lot.I keep telling myself to stop spending all this money on certs .We could of had a holiday with what I have spent this year

audrey

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 22 July 09 09:32 BST (UK) »
In an extracted entry the IGI gives the Baptism of Samuel to have taken place on the 24th of January 1836.The Baptism of Edward is also given on the 3rd of September 1837.There is also the Baptism of a Charlotte on the 16th of August 1840.Charlotte's death is given on the 23rd of June 1841.The Batch Number given is C056621.The Baptisms are said simply to have taken place at Holywell and no Surname is given for Grace.

Regards
William Russell Jones
Cefn Mawr
Wrexham
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 22 July 09 10:05 BST (UK) »
William
looks like Edward Spencer died 1870 the age fits 58 going through the deaths in Wales over the past few days and its depressing seeing all the young people dying I was looking for a Thomas Francis 1869 -72 in Holywell and there was 39 needles to say that was one death cert I wont be finding any time soon

audrey