Author Topic: Marriage of James PANES & Frances  (Read 6047 times)

Offline nitajayne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of James PANES & Frances
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 July 11 21:53 BST (UK) »
Hi
I've recently started to research my partner's family and I noticed your message about James Panes - I too have come to halt with finding his marriage to Frances. Have you found anything yet? I too thought that he was living with his sister-in-law

Anita

Offline leofred

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 20 July 11 00:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Anita,

No im afraid Im no further forward have searched for a marriage but with no luck. I still think my hunch that they were not married is possibleand until I find a marriage I will continue to think that.

Welcome to Rootschat, I dont come on here very often now but they are a godsend for helping with brick walls, lots of knowledgeable folks on here.

kind regards

Janice

Offline nitajayne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 20 July 11 00:19 BST (UK) »
thanks for such a quick reply. I hate it when I hit a brick wall. How are you related to James Panes?  My partner's grandad if Philip Panes and he's almost 90 (james was his great-grandfather)
Anita

Offline leofred

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 25 July 11 00:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Anita,

I am only related to James Panes by marriage. James had a son Henry who had a son Charles who had a daughter Matilda who is my daughters great grandmother.

Do you have an Ancestry account if so my tree is public and there are quite a few of us researching this family.

If you dont, pm me with your email address and I will issue you with an invite to view. I think you have to post on this forum 4 or 5 times before you can pm. Dont put your email address on this open forum.

Hope this helps.

Janice

Offline StarvingArtist

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 01 April 14 00:54 BST (UK) »
Hi, I realize this is a few years after the original post but perhaps it might be of some help.

I have James Panes (c1786-1861) born in Blagdon.  I have him married to Jenny Hollier (1788-1822) in 1808. Then married secondly to Frances FARRIS (1791-1872) in 1824.

Unfortunately this is old info and I cannot find my original source for the marriage.

It is important to note that in some census's, the name Panes has been written as Parres and Farres and Farris so this may be a false lead.

This branch of Panes was in my tree but I subsequently fixed an error which disconnected them from my Panes family but am hopeful to re establish them again.

All the best,

Chris
Interested in:
Grimes family from Wotton-under-Edge
Panes family from Bristol
Powderham family

Offline sjblhs

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 11 December 18 01:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I think I can help with Nigel's query about Eliza Panes - I believe she's the daughter of George (1814 - 1888) and Jane Panes. In the 1851 census for Blagdon George is a butcher, but by 1861 he's a sub Postmaster. He died in 1888 aged 75 and was buried in Blagdon 10 Mar 1888.
George was the son of William (1784 -1821) & Louisa Panes.

Hope this helps,
Sheila