Author Topic: Joseph Bates 1851 and 1861 please  (Read 5074 times)

Offline amber39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Bates 1851 and 1861 please
« Reply #18 on: Monday 27 July 09 17:35 BST (UK) »
I think Rosie99 has found the right death record for Mary Bates. apparently Milton ,Gravesend comes under the Rochester Diocese area.  Their last address in 1871 was Rochester.

Regards   Amber39
Norfolk: Copling,Coppen ,Oakley, Vertigans, Cracknell
Suffolk:  Grist, Scopes, Bullenthorpe. Knights,Watcham
Cambs.: Wilson, Andrews.
London: Monk

We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or omit to do, but more in the light of what they suffer.  Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Offline ChrisFenner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 20 September 10 17:21 BST (UK) »
Mary Elizabeth Fenner was probably baptised 08/10/1809 St margaret, high halstow dau of Richard & Elizabeth.

more family on my website www.fennerfamilytree.info

regards

Chris Fenner

Offline moors

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 05 October 10 13:32 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the info. re this family, unfortunately the person I was helping with this family tree has died (my son inlaw) so I will not be needing any more info.
Jeffery Kent Moors Kent/Mddx. Gulley Mddx Bennett Southwark/Devon  Hart Cobham Surrey/Brighton
Bubb Berks/Bucks  Jeffs/Staffs  Baines/Notts  Lambert/Lincs  West/Spinks & Dey-Dye/Norfolk Morrish/Stoke Newington Mddx. Lovell/ Hackney,Shoreditch Blackshaw Clerkenwell/Rotherhithe,. Day& Downer I.O.W. Harknett Essex. Gulley Westminster. Sealey Norfolk. Newling Cambridge/Essex/Herts. Hughes Aldershot/South London. Hartgroves Essex.

Offline Dottee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 31 August 16 23:28 BST (UK) »
Joseph Bates (B) 1837 Stoke Kent Father William Mother Mary.

Hello,
I am related to the Bates that you mention through my grandmothers side of the family. Her name was Selina (Growns) nee Bates born in 1898 in Southampton, her mothers name was Mary Driscoll (from Ireland) and she was married Joseph Bates (jr), who was the son of Joseph Bates who was the mariner and the captain of the "SPRING" (we thought the vessel may have been called Spinny)
It would be nice to compare notes as the younger Joseph Bates was believed to have been lost at sea and my gt grandmother Mary Bates nee Driscoll received his sea chest.

Kind regards
Carol

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 03 September 16 11:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol

Welcome to rootschat  :)

Moors has not been on here for a year.  I see that they have mentioned they were doing the research on the family of their son in law who is sadly no longer with us and they they are no longer needing information on the family.  I am not researching this family either, was just trying to help Moors.

It may be worth seeing if anyone else on here is researching any of your families, it is a good site to be on.  ;D

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dottee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 04 September 16 02:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Rosie,

Many thanks for replying.

Kind regards

Carol