Author Topic: Service family at Duns and Coldstream  (Read 16530 times)

Offline lechristo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Service family at Duns and Coldstream
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 12:27 BST (UK) »
Hi Terry, my 4 x great grandparents were Thomas Lothian and Helen Henderson. I'm descended from Adam Lothian + Barbara Allan's son, George who emigrated to Australia with his wife Catherine Goodall and son, Adam Huntly Lothian.  I visted Old Westruther church in 2005 to see Thomas + Helen/ Adam + Barbara's grave.  Lauren

Hi GD

My OH 3g grandparents were Thomas Lothian and Helen Henderson. He is descended from their son Adam, brother to your Janet.

I have quite a lot of info on the Lothians, here's Thomas and Helens Children

Agnes 21/12/1823 Dalkeith....Adam 30/11/1824 Dalkeith....William 03/12/1826 Westruther....Agnes 14/9/1828 Westruther....James 27/5/1830 m Helen Muir 20/03/1857 Earlston (and family)...Thomas 31/10/1832 w'ruther m Jane Tulloch....George 01/03/1835 w'ruther m Christina Bryden 4/6/1861 (and family)....Isabella 18/12/1836 m George Falconer (and family)GEORGE IS MY 1ST COUSIN 4 TIMES REMOVED)....Peter abt 1839 w'ruther....Helen abt 1840 W'ruther m James Tod (and family)....Walter Wood abt 1841 W'ruther m Isabella Stenhouse 9/6/1865 Smailholm (and family)....Mary 6/5/1843....Margaret 24/5/1845 W'ruther....Janet 24.3.1847 Westruther(yours) m John Service(I have 1 child, Ellen Henderson)...and finally Elizabeth 15/5/1849 w'ruther.

So 15 children in all that I found.

Father Thomas Lothian b 2/9/1802 d 8/8/1875 parents are Adam Lothian and Isabella Grieve, I have 6 children for them including Thomas.

Helen Hendersons b 25/5/1806 d 31/7/1881 parents were Adam Henderson b abt 1767 d 10/6/1841 and Agnes Dods b abt 1774 d 29/11/1853 , I have 9 children for them including Helen.  I know where Adam and Agnes are buried I would be able to get a photo of the gravestone if it's in not too bad condition

I also know where Thomas and Helen Henderson are buried so would be able to get a photo of their grave.

I have info on quite a few of the siblings of all these families and further down the line also...been researching this one quite a while.

Hope you can follow the ramblings

Terry
Fadden, Lothian, Taylor, Joyce, Carroll, McNamara, McGrath, White, Watters, Squire, Gibson, Gilbert, Kerwin, Belcher, Moorhead, Goodall, Newman, Jemmeson, Williams, Laity, Berriman, Henderson, Dodds

Offline Geordie daughter

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 14 May 19 16:31 BST (UK) »
Wow, Lauren, your Lothians have spread far and wide!

Out of all the children of Thomas and Helen that I have info on, "my" Janet seems to have been the least prolific, as she only produced four children.

Offline lechristo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 05:37 BST (UK) »
It's amazing how far a family can spread isn't it?! George and Catherine only had two sons!

I have some letters you might be interested in reading. They were from Adam + Barbara to their son George when he emigrated to Australia. Can I send private messages on here?

Wow, Lauren, your Lothians have spread far and wide!

Out of all the children of Thomas and Helen that I have info on, "my" Janet seems to have been the least prolific, as she only produced four children.
Fadden, Lothian, Taylor, Joyce, Carroll, McNamara, McGrath, White, Watters, Squire, Gibson, Gilbert, Kerwin, Belcher, Moorhead, Goodall, Newman, Jemmeson, Williams, Laity, Berriman, Henderson, Dodds

Offline Geordie daughter

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 15 May 19 08:07 BST (UK) »
Yes, you certainly can private message, Lauren. I see you're fairly new to this forum, so do you know how to do it?