Author Topic: CLAYBROOK births SA Please"COMPLETED"  (Read 8428 times)

Offline sue21757

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CLAYBROOK births SA Please
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 30 July 09 10:53 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue Kris & Cheran

Well you have been a busy lot while i was at work.Great to be able to put  the little pieces together.

Cheers Sue

Offline CHERAN

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 July 09 11:33 BST (UK) »
Sue, Kris & Sue

Sorry I have led you astray!

I have another Elimar Kathleen Mary Raspe born 1913 and the daughter of Marian Miller (Harriet"s sister & born 1888) and Paul Frederick Charles L Raspe that was known as "Ellie" not Elma Claybrook.

I am looking at her photo now so aplogise for misleading you.

I am hoping to look up  Anne Millar (Harriet's daughter before marriage) Grand son soon as I believe he lives within a few miles of me

Cheran

Offline CHERAN

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 30 July 09 12:01 BST (UK) »
Hi again

I am still trying to see if there is any connection between a Harold Miller born to a Harriet Miller at Mount Pleasant SA 25 January 1899 no father recorded  - doesn't seem like it could be our Harriet as she was married to Aurthur by this time and had a Harold in 1904.

Cheran

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 30 July 09 12:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Cheran,

No not the same person. This one had two illegitimate children in 1893 and Harold 25 Jan 1899 and your Harriet had Elma Marion 2 Oct 1898 so definately not the same person. I suspect this one was born in 1870 to David and Elizabeth Budge.

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline CHERAN

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: CLAYBROOK births SA Please"COMPLETED"
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 04 August 09 23:48 BST (UK) »
Kris

I will take Harold's birth in 1899 from Harriet's records but am confused a litle as the Birth of Annie on the 28th January 1893 is definitely Harriet's Claybrook daughter before she was married.  She was bought up by John George and Marian Miller (nee McInnes).

I may have misunderstood you last post re this so hope I not making it more confusing.

CHERAN

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 05 August 09 01:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Cheran,

Sorry you are no doubt right. I now see Annie was born at Walkerville, Harold at Mt Pleasant so Annie could well belong to your Harriet. (obviously she does as you know she was brought up by grandparents.) By the time of Harolds birth Harriet was married and had a child with her husband three months earlier so Harold can not be her son.

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DeadlyDaring

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 10 August 12 15:57 BST (UK) »
Harriet Ann Miller b1875 - mother of
Annie Miller b1893 - was my grandmothers baby Auntie, they played together as children (sisters) in Walkerville, Henley Park, sub section of The Barton, now known as Thebarton
Marion Miller b1888 - lived in West Thebarton, Bowden and for many years in Brompton -3 houses from the Brompton Primary School, which is situated on Torrens Road.
Annie Miller married a gentleman, named Hurley and he was a Carney Getleman whom brought the Merry-go-round over from Europe, which is now situated in Semaphore. As well as that he and Annie introduced the Toffy Apple, Fairy Floss and most of the side shows ot South Australia as we have today - he died early in their marriage
Then she married George Leighton whom she met at Semaphore, as he was part of the Carney Circuit Circus - the rest is history
Lindsay David Hamilton Raspe b1916 who is my father is the son of Marion Miller

This is my first post, as my tower computer crashed some months back and I lost all of my data as well as backups Trogen Viruses - got passed three fire walls

Anyway as I have lost all of my data on my background (ancestors etc) I will be asking from time to time for some help and some info. So if anyone who can, please be kind and understanding

Cheers
DD

Ps when i was a child I did meet some Claybrooks, Donaugheys, Hurleys, Millers, McBrides, Smiths and Mcinnes

Offline CHERAN

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 10 August 12 22:36 BST (UK) »
DD

It was interesting to read your post....  Seems like we may be "Cousins"  .....  you need to to do 3 posts before you can send a PM (personal Message)....  I may be able to help rebuilding you data base ....I would also love to hear more re our family....

my link is to Janet Miller and I too remember visiting "Auntie Annie" at the market to have one of her famouse toffee Dollies on the stick...

Cheran :)

Offline Delk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 10 April 19 05:11 BST (UK) »
Hi to you all
I am looking for any information about Harold Kenneth Claybrook who apparently disappeared in his young life.  We have feelings he may be my husbands grandfather but under a alais name.
He has been a mystery to us all for a lot of years.
Thankyou
Delk