Author Topic: "Heir Hunters" #2  (Read 36483 times)

Offline ambers

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Heir Hunters take two
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 July 09 12:07 BST (UK) »
just one word of caution though, it does get additive ;D

old rowley

Very, very addictive ;)

Ambers
GLAMORGAN: Evans. Davies. Eddy. Bradnum.
GLAM to USA:Walter H Davies 1886.Thomas J 1852
PEMBROKE: Bradnum.Summers
CARMARTHENSHIRE:Davies. Jones
NORFOLK/SUFFOLK: Bradnum.Cork.Helsdon 3 in Australia, Whiskins. Fairhead.Catchpole.
DEVON:Mallett. Acford, Kidston.Short.Lover.Edwards,Telford.Sparrow
SOMERSET: Masey
CORNWALL:Eddy.Thomas Maddern.Harvey. Noy.Reynolds,Batten,Curtis.
Cornwall to USA: Thomas, Semmens. Oats
Warwickshire: Mountney

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 10 July 09 12:13 BST (UK) »
Oldwrinkle - welcome to Roots Chat - when the programme has been aired, you will be able to give us some insider info on the making of the show. My missus has a very keen eye, and she's always pointing out continuity errors, and never ceases to remind me that they can't possibly film someone opening the door from the inside unless they've already let the camera crew in ;D

Talking of continuity errors, I have just watched yesterday's episode about the man they thought was worth 1 million and was worth about 5k.  When one of the heirs opened the door, Dave Mansell (I think) introduced himself after the heir said hello David.  ::) ;D

Kerry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Nick29

• Deceased Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 10 July 09 12:45 BST (UK) »
Nick, would love to follow the Photographers comment, but don't like to see a thread go off at a tangent!

How about a new thread on TOT.

(I'm with your wife 0n that!)

Spring

You mean it hasn't already ?   ;)  ;D

RIP 1949-10th January 2013

Best Wishes,  Nick.

Offline mshrmh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 10 July 09 13:32 BST (UK) »
Another welcome for Steve (oldwrinkle) - I record the programmes & watch while eating my lunch, so I'll look out for you on Monday, too.
I have to agree that there are plenty of "continuity" errors in the film as shown and in the voice-over being out-of-step with the research as shown, but overall I think this is the best series of this programme - less "chase" and more research.
I'd also like to thank Neil Fraser for participating on the previous thread - perhaps he'd like to comment on whether filming makes the work more stressful or slower or does everyone take it in their stride?

Offline mother25

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: "Heir Hunters" #2
« Reply #13 on: Friday 10 July 09 20:46 BST (UK) »
Welcome Steve - oldwrinkle  ;)
As you will soon discover, this is a friendly site and I'm sure you will get loads of help once you start asking for info  :)
With regards to this morning's programme, I thought it was very emotional with the two half-sisters meeting up. I don't know what I'd be like if such a thing ever happened to me. Luckily I know who my siblings are, so it's not likely  ;D
This series is a lot better than previous ones, mainly because there is a lot more information.  For instance today we actually heard the price of a certificate being mentioned, as well as the extra fee for an express service...now that's a first  ;D
I hope there are a lot more programmes to come as it's one of my favourites  ;D

Offline oldwrinkle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 10 July 09 21:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you for all of your welcomes, this certainly does seem a very friendly site  :)
Although I can't say too much about the filiming etc just yet, I can tell you that my Uncle was photographed with an old comedian and another old famous person. Hopefully these and other old photos will be shown, especially the one of his latter day boss.  I was even filmed walking down the stairs looking at the photos.............by the way, my hair isn't really Grey, they are just highlights ( yeah right )  ;)

I haven't been able to watch many of the latest series, but after reading your threads, it appears to be better than the other series.

Offline kerryb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 13 July 09 12:54 BST (UK) »
Interesting programme Steve and what an intriguing life your uncle led.

Kerry

Searching for my family - Baldwin - Sussex, Middlesex, Cork, Pilbeam - Sussex, Harmer - Sussex, Terry - Surrey, Kent, Rhoades - Lincs, Roffey - Surrey, Traies - Devon & Middlesex & many many more to be found on my website ....

Offline Duck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 13 July 09 16:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve

Enjoyable programme, your Uncle Charles was an interesting person.

I would like to know how much family history Fraser & Fraser leave you with, do you get to keep  copies of the certificates ??

Regards

Simon
Nash, Whittingham - Wolverhampton<br />Nash, Whittingham, Pardoe, Cartwright - Worcs<br />Osbaldeston, Kay, Wyles, - Preston, Lancs<br />Dippnall, Poulton, Burton, Dawes - Manchester/Salford<br />McPoland, Tildesley, Iveson, Fox - Lancashire North Of The Sands
Wild, - Claughton, Lancashire
Kay, - Longridge, Chipping, Ribchester

Offline Laurina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 13 July 09 18:14 BST (UK) »
I believe they said on the program that they shred most of the certificates as they can't store them all. Files are microfilmed and then shreded too.

Laurina