Author Topic: annie and nellie russell bilston since1901 help plz  (Read 2111 times)

Offline dawnyj

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
annie and nellie russell bilston since1901 help plz
« on: Sunday 02 August 09 06:56 BST (UK) »
please help someone!
I am trying to find out 2 things
I know that the Russell family from bilston all went to montreal canada in sep1911 fred dad, mother harriet and their children, annie, john,francis,florence, and gladys. In the uk 1911 census nelly, fred and annie are not with them all at home but they do go to canada except for Nelly.
She is the elder daughter . I have found a passenger list with a nellie travelling on her own but unsure if this could be her...how can I prove.( Also I do have a photo that shows a woman who is celebrating her golden wedding in montreal in 1961 and someone has written on back auntie nellie...dont know who this women is at all.) I have wondered if nellie is dead and this woman on photo is a red herring)

second conundrum... JOHN HIGGINS born 1897 in bilston GOES TO WAR AND STATES HE LIVES AT 913 ALBERT STREET MONTREAL which is definately my ancester have proof of this address. For 1920 I have found a border pass from canada to buffalo ny where he is visiting his sister who is now what looks like Mrs ANNIE MOLLAIRE, however I cant find a marriage for her OR ANYONE WITH THAT SURNAMEand I am dubious of the spelling. It is difficult to read the pass but very frustrating because Johns address and his siters are there tobe seen..but I cant read them AAARRRHHH!
Anyone any advice where the originals maybe kept in order I request a good copy

Image removed.  Please only post small portions of original documents if clarification is needed.
lister, blanton, higgins, russell, brittle, flavell,  birch, jones, evans, howell, wootton, marsh, marchlensky, woodward, Lewis, Sene, Prenault, Preynold, Lockett, Priest, Hassals, Nadin, Heath, Tarbuck