Author Topic: HOTCHKIN of Tixover  (Read 7183 times)

Offline grantleydawn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My collateral ancestors
    • View Profile
HOTCHKIN of Tixover
« on: Sunday 02 August 09 22:12 BST (UK) »
I am interested in chatting with anyone who can help me validate the ancestry of the HOTCHKIN family of Tixover.

I descend from Mary Ann HOTCHKIN, daughter of Robert HOTCHKIN & Sarah.

She married Thomas AVELING on 28 Oct 1799 at St Mary, Stamford, Lincoln and had a family in Elm & Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire.

She next married Henry HAYNES on 4 Sep 1806 back at St Mary, Stamford, Lincoln and had a family in Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire.

She is entombed with her husband's family in Whittlesey. Also is her mother "Sarah, relict of Robert Hotohkin, of Tixover, Rutland died June 11th 1828 aged 73 years".

She was the sister of Thomas HOTCHKIN;
"Obituary: 1843: Rutland - June 4. Aged 69, Thomas Hotchkin, esq. of Tixover House, Rutland, and Woodhall Lodge, Lincolnsh."

Regards
Grantley

Offline antiquary

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HOTCHKIN of Tixover
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 August 16 20:34 BST (UK) »
If you are not already familiar with it, you may find the following article useful:
PALMER, Brian, Thomas Hotchkin of Tixover (1774-1843)  Rutland Record 28 (2008), 304-15.
Copies of this issue are still available - see Rutland Local History & Record Society's pages on www.genfair.co.uk.

Offline grantleydawn

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My collateral ancestors
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 August 16 23:58 BST (UK) »
Hi antiquary,

Thank you for pointing that out. I forgot this posting existed.

Brian PALMER & I compared our research and now I have a very clear picture of the ancestry of Mary Ann HOTCHKIN.

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=grantleydawn&id=I4474

Regards
Grantley

Offline antiquary

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 August 16 08:32 BST (UK) »
You're welcome. I've only just signed up to this forum but thought it worth responding even though your query was so long ago. I'm glad to know your researches have been successful. Maybe others will find Brian Palmer's article interesting too.
Regards.