Author Topic: Ceaser Springfield  (Read 2909 times)

Offline wisby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ceaser Springfield
« Reply #9 on: Monday 26 October 09 20:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lyngen,

I have been searching for information on Samuel Spalding Springfield and Ceaser Springfield for a friend and the only connection we have found is on the naturalisation record. I did find Ceaser and Mary in online census, whether Mary is “Maria Sexton” we don’t know.
If you confirm Samuel Spalding as the son of Ceaser? This would be a great help.

Nola.
Bacon - Wisby, Essex
Fidock - Henwood - Brown, Cornwall
Irons, Littleport, Cambridgeshire
Goodfellow, Wiltshire
Campbell, Armidale, Inverell
Kemp, SA, Nhill
Turner, Dorset, Tenterfield, Glen Innes
Blake, Galway, Patterson, Maitland, Moree 
Mullins, Limerick, Patterson, Maitland, Moree
Beckerley

Offline BettyLouLou

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 20:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Nola & Lyngen,

I know this is an old post, but I just came across this and I'm also researching Caesar Springfield.

My husband is a descendant from Samuel Springfield who moved to Australia. I'd be interested in getting in touch and sharing any information that I've found about both Caesar and Samuel. I'm a little stuck on uncovering Caesar's early life before he appeared in Brooklyn records around 1817.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Regards,
Lisa

Offline wisby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 April 19 23:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa,
You would have read I was researching for a friend John Springfield. He has since passed away and anything I found was passed on to his family. Good luck with your search,
Regards,
Nola.
Bacon - Wisby, Essex
Fidock - Henwood - Brown, Cornwall
Irons, Littleport, Cambridgeshire
Goodfellow, Wiltshire
Campbell, Armidale, Inverell
Kemp, SA, Nhill
Turner, Dorset, Tenterfield, Glen Innes
Blake, Galway, Patterson, Maitland, Moree 
Mullins, Limerick, Patterson, Maitland, Moree
Beckerley

Offline BettyLouLou

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 01 May 19 18:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Nola,

Thanks for your replying and letting me know. Hopefully I may connect with someone in the future and find out more about Caesar Springfield.

Cheers!
Lisa

Offline allenajw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 22 July 22 05:37 BST (UK) »
My grandmother was Joyce Andrews her grandmother was Alice Emily Springfield who was daughter of Samuel Springfield . She was born in Australia and married James Andrews jr Alice Emily had a son named Samuel Andrews. He was my great grandfather.

Offline allenajw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 22 July 22 23:30 BST (UK) »
Nola,
Thanks for prompt reply.  I am his 5th great grand daughter.  My grandmother know his daughter, Mary Jackson, when my grandmother was around 12 and Ceaser's daughter was in her 80's.  They lived in the same household.  It was my grandmother who told me about Mary Jackson and I started my search with the US Census.  Tedious, that, as it was before the internet.

I have his death certificate, his wife's and subsequent generations.  I have been trying to find more info on him since the 1970's!  He and his wife, Mary, are buried in Evergreen Cemetary in Brooklyn NY.  They died a few days apart in 1872.  No marker but the cemetary has record of the general area. 

We have DNA tested his wife, Mary Springfield, for roots back to the Senegambia region of Africa, but have no further details on when or exactly where.  Do you have info on Maria Sexton, was she from NY?

I hope I have not been to rambling with this reply but I am so excited.  Must go to work, alas, so will end here.  Do you have info on any descendents of Samuel?  I will try to find him in official records over here in US.

Thank you so much,
lyngen

Hi there,
Maria Sexton was from New Jersey . I am a descendant of Samuel Springfield who was born in Brooklyn . My grandmother was Joyce Andrews daughter of Samuel Andrews . His mother was Alice Emily Springfield who was born in Australia.
I am looking for any information on Ceaser Springfield who lived in New York. He was born in late 1700,s? and his son Samuel migrated to Australia in 1853.
I would appreciate any help.
Nola
She was my great great grandmother .

Offline allenajw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 23 July 22 00:37 BST (UK) »
Hi lyngen,

So pleased to hear from you, hopfully we can help each other

What I know about Samuel Springfield:

Naturalisation record

Samuel Springfield

Born 1820 in Brooklyn United States of America

Naturalised 1908 in Victoria Australia aged 87 having been in Australia 55 years

Arrived in Australia 1853 on sailing ship Bloomer

DIGGER INDEXES
SPRINGFIELD,Samuel Spalding, Death,,father Springfield Ceazer,mother Maria SEXTON,aged 90,place Eganstown, Victoria year 1911, Reg. No. 8738

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Nola.

Marya Berger aka Mary Springfield
( died 1872 buried at evergreen cemetery)was Samuel spalding springfield mother. Where did Maria sexton come from?