Author Topic: Lloyd London Mystery  (Read 78852 times)

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lloyd London Mystery
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday 18 May 11 22:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan

the link doesn't work unless we have a subscription to ancestry.com.au  :-\

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline fallingonabruise

• RootsChat Senior
  • 'bring out your dead'
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday 18 May 11 23:21 BST (UK) »
I have been searching, searching , searching....................   On Joseph Lyon Lloyd's marriage certificate to Sophia Eleanor Lyne, one of the witnesses is a Sophia Lloyd. So I have been working on the assumption that this Sophia is his mother. I have come across a Sophia Hone marriage to William Lloyd at Clerkenwell St James in 28 March 1775. Joseph was born 1777.
http://search.ancestry.com.au/iexec?htx=View&r=5544&dbid=1623&iid=31280_199033-00463&fn=Sophia&ln=Hone&st=d&ssrc=&pid=7885236
I have tried using ancestry and igi but cannot find any children from this union. Can you help?

kind regards Jan

I think that unless you get something like a baptism record for Joseph Lyon Lloyd, that tells his parents names, and where he was born, you would have to go through every Sophia who married a Lloyd in the whole country, as he wasn't necessarily born in the London area, plus he could have been the last child born to his parents, maybe 10, 15 yrs after they were married.

Lloyd in london, Jelfs, Cheatham, Taylor, Raistrick, Knowles, Cassidy, Blackburn, Corns, Gallagher

Offline Janchat

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: Thursday 05 January 12 01:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

Happy New Year.......................

I have just resumed this search for LLOYD and came across another looking for Daniel Lewingdon LLOYD. You can look at the thread,

http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.britisles.wales.general/7672.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Look like he may have found the parents of our LLOYD

regards

Jan

Offline fallingonabruise

• RootsChat Senior
  • 'bring out your dead'
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: Friday 06 January 12 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Happy new year Jan :)
I have posted on that thread of yours, to see if Tony has any ideas about all this :)
cheers
Andria
Lloyd in london, Jelfs, Cheatham, Taylor, Raistrick, Knowles, Cassidy, Blackburn, Corns, Gallagher

Offline fallingonabruise

• RootsChat Senior
  • 'bring out your dead'
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: Sunday 15 January 12 15:13 GMT (UK) »
At last a bit of new info about JBL, we have found out where his name comes from, but not why or who this bloke is !

I've been give a transcribed will (yay no need to struggle to read it ! ) of a John Ballard of Worcs, from a 'one name' family historian (thank you so much !)
 heres a snippet,

upon trust to put out at interest upon government or real security in their own names or in the names of the survivors or survivor of them the sum of one thousand two hundred pounds and from time to time to receive and pay the interest thereof unto Elizabeth the wife of Benjamin Lloyd late of Liverpool merchant and her assigns during her natural life and her receipt alone notwithstanding her coverture to be a sufficient discharge for the same and not be subject or liable to the debts control or engagements of her present or any future husband and after her decease upon trust to pay the said sum of one thousand and two hundred pounds unto her son John Ballard Lloyd when he shall attain at the age of twenty one years and meanwhile to apply the interest in his maintenance and education and in case he shall die under twenty one years I desire the same sum of one thousand two hundred pounds may sink into and form part of the residue of my estate for the benefit of my residuary legatees and upon further trust to place out at interest upon government or real security the sum of eight hundred pounds in the names of my said trustees or the survivors or survivor of them and apply the interest from time to time in the support maintenance and education of the before named John Ballard Lloyd until he attain the age of twenty one and upon attaining that age in trust to pay unto him the said sum of eight hundred pounds but in case he shall depart this life under that age the same to sink into and form part of my residuary estate..

it goes on to give JBL a further 200 towards an education or apprenticeship and rents/ use of a property etc etc to Elizabeth lloyd.

so who was John Ballard ??

Offline TTT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday 17 January 12 18:50 GMT (UK) »
Just found some new information re Lloyds at Hanley Castle.

From the Berrow newspaper in Worcestershire.
Lloyd Benjamin 29/04/1819 @ Russia Son of My.Lloyd of Hanley Castle.
(This is probably a son of Benjamin Lloyd Snr)
Lloyd Mrs 06/01/1820 Hanley Castle Worcestershire wife of Mr B Lloyd

Benjamin Lloyd snr and wife Sophia have a plaque on the Baptist Chapel at Upton upon Severn which has:
Benjamin Lloyd Deacon Upton Baptist Church for 50 years. Died Jan 31 1834 aged 90. Sophia wife of above died 28 Dec 1819 age 76.
It is hoped that The Berrows death refers to the son of Benjamin snr.

To find this out the baptist records which are at the Worcester Records office:
Here is a reply from this office
"I have searched through the catalogues to our collections and amongst our un-catalogued material there is a deposit BA 14252 which contains a register of births and burials from 1694 to 1866 and minutes from 1793 to 1872. "
The office is moving and not open until July this year.

The Mrs Lloyd would seem to refer to Benjamin Lloyd snr wife whose death is recorded on the plaque.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday 17 January 12 19:09 GMT (UK) »
Oh my, TTT (Welcome to RootsChat by the way  ;D).

Lloyd Benjamin 29/04/1819 @ Russia Son of My.Lloyd of Hanley Castle

From what you are looking at, could this possibly be his death notice?

Wife Elizabeth Collins remarried pretty sharpish in May 1819 in Liverpool (William Fairclough, an HMS Customs man).

Monica

Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline TTT

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: Tuesday 17 January 12 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Sorry , yes both were death notices.
Tony

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday 17 January 12 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Wow, Tony. Andria will be jumping up and down on this news from you! This thread and search (some of it off line, even though it is so long here now) has been on going for two and a half years.

Andria, at last. Likely the connection back to Benjamin Lloyd and Sophia Smith  :o

The question now...how did he die in Russia  ??? Last we heard he was off to Heligoland (no wonder there are no more children to the marriage that we can find!).

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk