Author Topic: O Brien street waterford  (Read 11355 times)

Offline lisduggan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: O Brien street waterford
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 October 12 13:57 BST (UK) »
james joseph hetherington o brine street to margaret kiely  john lane john lane  DOM 30/6/1948 hope this will be of help...

Offline Lulu73

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 October 12 06:00 BST (UK) »
Hi thanks for that!  :)

Offline Kinga

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 August 16 15:01 BST (UK) »
Hi, I was searching family history and this came up. I am a member of the Hetherington family and directly connected to James J Hetherington and Margaret (Peggy) Hetherington nee Kiely and Bridget (Derry) Hetherington. Please contact me in relation to any questions.

Offline Patrick Kiely

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 01 January 19 21:12 GMT (UK) »
I may be able to help with some information on Kiely / Fitzgerald family Waterford.
My Grandfathers sister was Mary Bridget Kiely  (b.1880)  married Michael Fitzgerald Waterford 1903
Pat Kiely.. Co. kilkenny

Offline deburgo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 January 19 10:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi this may help you James Hetherington son of James Hetherington & Bridget Leahy 13 O'Brien St married St John's Church, Parnell St 1940's Bridget Kiely, daughter of Michael Kiely & Catherine Kerwick, of John's Lane Jim

Offline Patrick Kiely

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: O Brien street waterford and Kiely / ( Keily) Waterford
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 27 January 19 23:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi there Jim. Many thanks for your reply. I am aware of the marriage you refer to , as the bride is my cousin , still alive and living in Waterford. She is known as Peggy and I believe her birth name to be Margaret rather than Bridget ? I must ask her to clarify ?   I am researching my Grandfathers family on my fathers side,( Kiely / Keily of John's Lane / Browne's Lane Waterford)  and have come up against a brick wall in relation to 2 of my Grandfathers sisters. .Elizabeth and Catherine Kiely. Variously spelled .. Keily, Keilly and Kealy   ( The sisters parents were James Keily and Elizabeth Warren of Browne's Lane / John's Lane  M. 1866 St. John's ) and there appears to be no civil record of any birth, marriage or death on file for either of the 2 children.? ? ?)   I have copies of Baptism certs.... Elizabeth Kiely,  baptised 29 Nov.1877 St. John's,  and Catherine Keilly, baptised on 1st Nov. 1883 also St John's. They are both named on the family grave in St. Otterans, and I believe the headstone or inscription to have been put in place between 1936 and 1946. The assumption is that they died young ( or pre 1936 ) as did some other siblings but these are the only 2 which I am unable to trace. There was a total of 9 children altogether in the family.  I have tried local and countrywide online civil records, Also the family records office in Cork Rd Waterford. The 1901 and 1911 census records including initials only ( for workhouse / laundry records ) and have drawn a blank everywhere !  The conclusion I am coming to is that they died young and that the births and deaths were not recorded ?  This would seem out of character.... as the births / deaths of the other children who died young were recorded. I don't suppose you can help with this one ?????  Many thanks...... Pat Kiely

Offline deburgo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 28 January 19 10:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Patrick first I did the family tree of the Fitzgerald's some years ago and some work for Warren family and the following is Elizabeth Kiely, died 11th Dec 1896, interred St Otteran's and Bridget died 5th July 1900 16 Browns Lane, also interred St Otteran's as for the register of births that can be a hit or miss My father's side had 3 children not register hope this is of some help Jim

Offline Patrick Kiely

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 28 January 19 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jim. Thank you sincerely for that. I was looking for Elizabeth. .bp1877  and CATHERINE  bp1883  .  In relation to your your mention above of Bridget who died 1900 ...Do you mean Catherine. ?   Pat Kiely

Offline deburgo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 28 January 19 12:14 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Patrick looking up my notes yes it was Catherine died 5th July 1900 not Bridget she married Michael Fitzgerald Jim