Author Topic: Marriages - Malton District - Nendick family Flaxton.  (Read 9610 times)

Offline Mazilby

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriages - Malton District - Nendick family Flaxton.
« Reply #18 on: Friday 14 August 09 00:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Ralph
I have looked on the 1911 census and found another granddaughter of Richard Nendick, Bertha aged 2, could this be Lily's daughter and your grandmother?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Marion

Offline Ralph 248

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 14 August 09 09:52 BST (UK) »
Marion,

Would love to know where your friend fits into the family tree.

Well I will now try to explain what I know.

Richard Nendick b 1838 and Elizabeth Bowes b 1844 had 6 children.

Sophia b 1869 - Lucy b 1871 - Jane b 1873 - Kate b 1874 - Lily b 1878 - Thomas b 1881

Lily Nendick my Great Grandmother had 3 children all of which I believe carry the maternal surname. (illegitimate?)

Hilda b 1899 - Bert b 1909 - Winifred b 1912

Winifred was my Grandmother and she married Sidney in 1939 and had one daughter
Now I believe that Nora was the illegitimate daughter of either Sophia, Lucy, Jane or Kate (so it would be intresting to see what's on the birth certificate). I do know that my mother can remember going to see her when she was very young and she believes that it may have been a property in Goodram Gate.

As far as Bertha on the 1911 census is concerned I believe this to be Bert and possibly a mistake in the transcript.

I would love to find out what you know, most of this information has been collated from census returns and BMD documents, as I did not know that my Grandmother was illegitimate till after her death in 1998 and prior to that there was very little contact with that side of the family.

Look forward to hearing from you

Ralph

Moderator Comment: Names of living people removed in accordance with rootschat policy.  Please do not publish details of any people who are still alive.

Offline Mazilby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 14 August 09 11:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Ralph
 Thanks for the info. I had suspicions about the illegitimacy, so the birth cert. for Nora may reveal similar.
Nora Nendick worked as a servant onThe Mount, York, where she met her husband Arthur Ernest Downs, a coachman. They married in 1911 and had Molly Vyvian in 1912. He then went to be a drapers manager on the corner of Petergate ,York. They divorced in 1920. Nora did not remarry although Arthur did. Nora died in1968 and he died in 1969.
If you go on Google Earth and enter The Gate House, Flaxton, Yorkshire, England you will zoom in on where Richard Nendick and family lived at the crossing. The family knew Lily because she used to visit Nora in York. How far back have you got with the tree?
I have had help from a lady in Canada that I found on the internet. She is a descendent of Richard's son, William b 1829. Her ancestors emigrated.
Look forward to hearing from you
Marion.
Moderator Comment: Please do not publish any details of living people.  It is against rootschat policy and may lead to identity theft.

Offline Mazilby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 17 August 09 19:03 BST (UK) »
I am confused now!
I have received notification of two messages for me since Friday and that they have been moved to a new topic! I cannot find them!
All I get is my last reply so will someone please tell me where to loo for my replies.
Thanks marion

Offline Mazilby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 17 August 09 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Ralph
I am confused now as my replies have been moved to another post and I cannot find it! Someone called Sillgen has moved them but I still log on to this page.
Please can someone put us back in touch!
Nora's father was Richard nendick and he was a professional gardener. so was he Richard nendick's son or was he Richard nendick her grandfather? It gets confusing and I would love a reply but nothing has come to me since last week 14th August. I wonder why my replies are being moved to where I can't find them?
Marion

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 17 August 09 20:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Mazilby
I am not aware that I have moved any of your posts.  I have replied to some of them so you would get notifications of a reply.   You just click "show new replies to your posts" at the top of the board and that should take you into all your posts.  Provided there has been a reply.   You are currently posting on the post that Ralph is too so there should not be a problem.
Regards
Andrea (Sillgen)

Offline Ralph 248

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 19 August 09 23:40 BST (UK) »
Marion,

Have sent you a offline message.

Ralph

Offline Kellylouise

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Help to find family
« Reply #25 on: Monday 22 January 18 17:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am looking to find long lost family by the name nendick if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Offline Mazilby

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 23 January 18 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Its a long time since I did the nendick tree but it starts at William nendick 1794 and comes forward to nora nendick 1890 at Flaxton. Then it goes into the family of my friend Vivien whose tree it is.
What do you want to know?