Author Topic: Flannery families of Nenagh, Co Tipperary  (Read 21379 times)

Offline Angela Ryan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Flannery families of Nenagh, Co Tipperary
« Reply #27 on: Friday 13 December 19 14:53 GMT (UK) »
Awee thank you ..hope she gets bk on here ..

Offline Angela Ryan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 13 December 19 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Kiltaglassan thank you for that ,  kind of you to give me the link  ...merry Christmas !!

Offline Des Hanrahan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 14 December 19 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone.
My almost 92yr. old father handed me his extensive family tree earlier this year as it's getting too much for him to manage.  He has quite a bit of info about his Nenagh Flannery side.  I will share some of this in due course. For now, I can tell you that the earliest Flannery he has recorded is Philip Flannery b.1769 in Nenagh who Married Mary Kenna in 1792. Dad has information about several family lines that descended from this couple.  My Grandmother was a Flannery from the Dublin Rd. in Nenagh.  This road was also known as McDonagh St., and The Spout Rd.  I hadn't realised I had posted on this site a couple of years ago until I got a notification that it was active yesterday!
Happy Christmas, Everyone.
Des.

Offline Flanfam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 13 April 23 12:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Des,
My Great Grandmorher was Mary Flannery Born about 1854, her father was Daniel Flannery. At the time she married in 1876 she lived in Townsend St Parsonstown (Birr).
I have no other details of Mary’s family. I saw your message and was hoping there maybe a connection. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Tracy.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 14 April 23 09:48 BST (UK) »

Welcome to RootsChat, Flanfam  :)

D H unfortunately hasn't been active on RootsChat since June 2020 so you may not receive a response. If his email is still current, then he will receive a notification of your post.

When you have made at least 2 posts, you can use the personal message (PM) system to exchange information. Just click on the clipboard looking icon under his user name, or click his user name directly. If the clipboard glows green he is online.

At the time she married in 1876 she lived in Townsend St Parsonstown (Birr).

This presumably was your gt grandmother's 1876 marriage to Robert Joseph Homewood, a sergeant in the 53rd regiment and stationed at Birr barracks.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1876/11187/8099560.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Flanfam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 16 April 23 05:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you RootsChat.Com Team for your reply.
Do you know of anywhere I can find records of my Great Grandmother, Mary Flannery's birth?
I can only assume it may have been around the Birr area in approx 1854.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 16 April 23 17:15 BST (UK) »
Do you know of anywhere I can find records of my Great Grandmother, Mary Flannery's birth?
I can only assume it may have been around the Birr area in approx 1854.

Have you looked at the NLI Catholic Registers?

Birr and Loughkeen
Diocese of Killaloe | Counties of Offaly, Tipperary
Variant forms of parish name:
Birr
Loughkeen

https://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0763

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline James D Hanrahan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 19 October 23 16:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Des,
My Great Grandmorher was Mary Flannery Born about 1854, her father was Daniel Flannery. At the time she married in 1876 she lived in Townsend St Parsonstown (Birr).
I have no other details of Mary’s family. I saw your message and was hoping there maybe a connection. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Tracy.

Hi Flanfam,
I was on this site during the week and noticed that you contacted me on 13 April this year.  I don't appear to have received notification. Today I logged in again with a different name and password so thought I should acknowledge your post.
Hope you see this,
Des.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 19 October 23 19:48 BST (UK) »
Hi James,

You are only set up to receive a notification of the first reply, if you do not re-visit the site to read it you will not be notified of any further replies.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk