Author Topic: Death records  (Read 993 times)

Offline cookabbott

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death records
« on: Thursday 13 August 09 03:27 BST (UK) »
As a recent starter in genealogy and located in Canada I am finding ancestors via census records and have found some birth dates (at least qtr registered)  but having no success with and have no idea how to find death details.
Many of my ancestors were based in Ipswich, Suffolk and I know many were buried in Ipswich cemetery or St Margarets.
Is there an online search I can use?

e,g, I know Edward George Aylett b 1890 is buried in Ipswich Cemetery and died in 1950s> His wife Louisa Annie is probably in same grave early 60s but I have no dates

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death records
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 13 August 09 09:17 BST (UK) »
Deaths are notoriously difficult to find!!!

As the deaths you are wanting are too late for the free BMD databases, it is a case of going through the death indexes quarter by quarter within each year. This can be done on subscription or pay to view sites.  It may sound long winded - but just remember it wasnt so many years ago that ALL BMD's had to be searched in this way, and not so long before that that it had to be done in person in London, before the indexes went on line! The internet has spoiled us rotten!!!!!
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death records
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 August 09 13:19 BST (UK) »
HI, i know this will not help your recent deaths, but the Suffolk FHS publish a CD of deaths which I find invaluable. they have just brought out the newest version. it is available from:

www.suffolkfhs.co.uk

and can be ordered by post. it covers deaths from all areas of suffolk and dates up to 1900. i am now going to update mine (send back old one and get new one cheaper)

Diddy

Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)