Author Topic: What happened to Lilian Sharman (nee Griffiths)?  (Read 4970 times)

Offline Warkz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: What happened to Lilian Sharman (nee Griffiths)?
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 November 17 21:14 GMT (UK) »
H Hydes,

Violet married Samuel Smith and had 8 children. I won't name them as some are living, I am happy to say. But hopefully that helps answer your question.
Boulton (Staffs), Clayton (Staffs, Black Country, Shrops), Tomlinson (Staffs, Ches), Smith (Staffs, Worcs, Middx), Cyples (Staffs), Sharman (Staffs, Black Country, Herefs), Griffiths (Staffs, Lancs, Middx, Wrexham), Duncalf (Liverpool, Ches)

Offline Warkz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 November 17 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi LianneY,

I am glad to hear we have the same names. The Sharmans began in Leominster, Herefordshire, although I have found a burial of a Robert Sharman in Knighton, just over the border in Wales, so possibly there's a link further back to there. It's a rare surname in Herefordshire.
Boulton (Staffs), Clayton (Staffs, Black Country, Shrops), Tomlinson (Staffs, Ches), Smith (Staffs, Worcs, Middx), Cyples (Staffs), Sharman (Staffs, Black Country, Herefs), Griffiths (Staffs, Lancs, Middx, Wrexham), Duncalf (Liverpool, Ches)

Offline Warkz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 November 17 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Just following up on my original inquiry of several years ago.

Lilian Sharman died in 1952 in Upton-on-Severn in Worcestershire, her place of abode was given as Malvern Link. She was on the 1939 register in Malvern Link so lived there for a long time. I still don't know what happened to her in the years in between, but I was happy to see that her husband's name and occupation was written on her death certificate. I'd been told by family that she remarried and didn't want to know her children, but the fact that his details were on that certificate, even though he had died 50 years before, makes me believe she did love her family.

I also went to Etaples, in France 3 years ago and visited her son Edgar Sharman's grave, which was a wonderful experience.

Offline Hydes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 06 November 17 22:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks different violet sherman.I'm looking for a violet Sherman who had a daughter Elizabeth and also a son
Wilkie
Docherty
O'hare
Bell
Colquhoun

Offline LianneY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 21 November 17 20:45 GMT (UK) »
H Hydes,

Violet married Samuel Smith and had 8 children. I won't name them as some are living, I am happy to say. But hopefully that helps answer your question.

Violet Smith has shown up in some of my family records relating to Edgar Sharman.
I'd love to chat to see if there are any links. Lots of your info matches with mine.....