Author Topic: COMPLETED THANKS  (Read 1224 times)

Offline skyblue_scarlet

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
COMPLETED THANKS
« on: Friday 14 August 09 09:19 BST (UK) »
hi im looking to confirm some burials,  baptisms and a marriage,  there are some dates im missing here but dont have access to the registers and live abroad so cant check for memorial inscriptions etc..

these are dates id appreciate if anyone can check them for me

burial of 
john chippingdale DCL and canon of lincoln 9-1-1627
his wife elizabeth 18-8-1609
their son tobias 7-8-1603

id love if anyone has acess to the registers to check for marriages of george chipingdale and joan/johanna not sure if this is maybe too early to be in the registers but would be one of the first entries maybe 1540/50

john chippingdale and elizabeth harkes/hawkes  circa 1570ish

and possible baptisms for tobias, john and other siblings these should be around the 1570 onwards mark

if you see any other mention of a chippingdale i would suspect they will be a relation of the family above it would be great if anyone finds them, this family liked moving alot!

thanks, Laura
One name study of Chippindale, Chippendale, Chippingdale & any other variant in the UK

Offline Mike from Leicester

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • " THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE. SOMEWHERE"
    • View Profile
Re: st mary de castro leicester - chippingdale
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 August 09 20:35 BST (UK) »
Greeting’s & Welcome ….Laura.

Seeing the early dates. ……
then I doubt if you will get the 1500’s events via the Internet
But I’ll check out Records held for St: Mary’s at the Records Office for you & get back to you..

In the meantime Chipingdale events gained from my
St: Mary’s de Castro Parish records Disc  1600. ~ 1737.

AD. 1603.
Tobias Chipingdale. Gent. Buried……7th. Oct.

Eliz. Dau. of Tobias Chipingdale deceased
Was Born in the Hose of Sir Thomas Cave. Knight of the realm
In Newarke by Lester. Being in this Parish …18th. Dec.
Baptised…21st Dec.

BURIALS AD 1609.
b……Eliz. Wife of John Chipengdall……..18th… Aug.

AD. 1617.

Wheras a lycene in the beginning of lent
Was granted to mee John Bonet of the Parish of St Maryes in Lester.
To Ladie Barbra Hastings of the Newarke next ajoining to the forsade Parish.
And an other of the sade same Parish to
John Chipingdale Doctor of Law of the Newarke aforsade to lycense in respect of their great age and weake state to eat flesh and those lycenses to endure for one weeke only.

Now because it appeareth that the neccassite of their healthes requireth a continuance of sade same lycenses
Know ye therefore that I the sade same John Bonett do lycense the sade Ladie Hastings and John Chipingdale to eat flesh at their pleasure during the whole of lent according to a statue in that case provided.

In Witness wherefore I have caused it to be registed in the Church Booke under the hands of mee Minister of forsade and one of the Church wardens as statues required 26th Februarie in the yearye of Christ according to the comutation of the Church of England. 1618.
Signed…John Bonett and the Mark of the Church warden,….X

Pleas do not think that I can not spell but I have typed it as it was on the screen.

MARRIAGES  AD 1628.

William Gould. Frances Chipingdale. …..25th. March.

That was all the events recorded throughout the 318 pages which I trawled through page by page as no search programme came with the disk

Oh........ Remember that 1600. ~ 1737
The year STARTED ….25th march. NOT 1st Jan.

MIKE.
Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives

Researching :-

Isle of Wight.          Oxfordshire / Warwickshire.

Cassell.                   Powers. 
Draper.                   Hirons.
Combs.                   Botts.
Stallard.                 Hall.

Offline skyblue_scarlet

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: st mary de castro leicester - chippingdale
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 August 09 09:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike,

thanks ever so much! and thankyou for the welcome... yes the early dates are a long shot and its so hard to find early information on the internet! (with the exception of rootschat lol)

was there no burial for dr john chippingdale? i have a note saying will proved there, but i wonder now if he is maybe buried at st martins? I thought he was buried maybe with his first wife in st marys.

I have a baptism for a kathrine chippingdale 1575 at st martins and an elizabeth 1574,st martins leicester. I wonder now if the info i need could be there too... I think I presumed where they might be by the burial of tobias but who was the eldest son but i see now it could be either.

thanks so much for offering to check for me at the records office, I emailed them ages ago about the will of dr john chippingdale and they dont seem to want to answer me  :'( i was starting to give up.

dont worry if you cant make it though, more thanks,
Laura
One name study of Chippindale, Chippendale, Chippingdale & any other variant in the UK

Offline GeoffTurner

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: COMPLETED THANKS
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 October 18 01:23 BST (UK) »
Dr John Chippindall was buried at St Mary's, Leicester, on 9 Jan 1627/8 but he was buried as Doctor Chippendale, not as John Chippendale, which might explain why you can't find the burial record.
https://www.freereg.org.uk/search_records/58182b3ee93790ec75d92989?search_id=5bd4ff8033045bc96867c81e&ucf=false

Have you seen his parliamentary entry?

https://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1558-1603/member/chippingdale-john-1627

Geoff Turner