Author Topic: Kayser Bondor Factory - Baldock  (Read 14156 times)

Offline Mr.Blueyezz

• RootsChat Extra
  • John Travers Cornwell VC (My 1st Cousin 2xremoved)
    • View Profile
Re: Kayser Bondor Factory - Baldock
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 16 October 11 20:55 BST (UK) »
I'll ask my Mum and see if she remembers your Grandmother-thanks for info!  :)
Carter,Cornwell,Smith,Palmer,Phibben,Bottisham Lode,Baldock,Cambridgeshire,Fulbourn,Merthyr Tydfil,Abercwmboi,Aberdare,Soham,Suffolk,Steeple Morden,Guilden Morden,Cambridge,South Cadbury,Castle Camps,The Fens,Plantagent Royal Family

Offline stevew101

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stotfold Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 17 October 11 09:51 BST (UK) »
She may also remember my partners mother who worked on Inspections - Winefred Wilsher

I have enclosed a photo of the ladies in the postroom (Including my grandmother) which you may find of interest.
**Please ask if you wish to modify my restores**    HFD Turner-Warwick-Gentle-Game-Harris-Howard-Clements-Gould-James-Lee-Cooper-Castle-Pallet-Hide-Barns-Watts-Swain-Shatbolt-Bonfield-Gundrill-Izard-Impy-Ellis-Carter-Honour BFD Gentle-Tansley-Bly-Rowney-Wilshire-Fisher-Tingay-Ivory-Clark SFK Jay-Norman-Ship ESX Jay-Mann-Gould-Fletcher MIDDX Roberts-Longe AUSTRALIA - Henry Gentle 1795-1865

Offline pastimperfect

• RootsChat Extra
  • Closer to the truth than you think!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 August 18 16:41 BST (UK) »
My Stepmother, Janette Holehouse worked at Kayser Bondor as a stocking turner - her machine was under the window to the left of what is now Tesco main entrance. Her Father Ted Holehouse also worked there, having moved from Nottinghamshire.
Her grandmother was Lydia Gentle from Baldock
Hertfordshire & Cambridgeshire