Author Topic: Annie65115's Scavenger Hunt..Everyone Welcome To Join In.  (Read 19542 times)

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Annie65115's Scavenger Hunt..Everyone Welcome To Join In.
« Reply #90 on: Friday 21 August 09 10:12 BST (UK) »
Thanks Annie
Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Veni, veni, veni Locamovae cum me
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday 25 August 09 10:45 BST (UK) »

Get ready Toni, here's this weeks Scavenger Hunt........and it's a good one     ;D ;D

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,401760.0.html

Good Luck and Good Hunting.

As usual, this Hunt will remain open for any further information which may come in.

Barbara
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • HOLYLAND regd with guild of one name studies
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday 25 August 09 11:45 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone, I'm exploring some of the avenues that have been suggested and will let you know if any of them come up trumps! :)
Bradbury (Sedgeley, Bilston, Warrington)
Cooper (Sedgeley, Bilston)
Kilner/Kilmer (Leic, Notts)
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Holyland (Anywhere and everywhere, also Holiland Holliland Hollyland)
Pryce/Price (Welshpool, Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)
Partrick (Vera and George, Leicester)
Marshall (Westmorland, Cheshire/Leicester)

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Friday 28 August 09 11:14 BST (UK) »
Update in case anyone's interested - The marraige cert for Thomas L Kilner in 1935 arrived -- not my Thomas. No worries, I've sort of gone off him a bit after reading the divorce petition!  :o

I'll keep trying to link the Enderby and Nottingham Josephs.
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)

Offline toni*

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Friday 28 August 09 11:23 BST (UK) »
No worries, I've sort of gone off him a bit after reading the divorce petition!  :o

;D there is always a bright side.

Holman & Vinton- Cornwall, Wojciechowskyj & Hussak- Bukowiec & Zahutyn, Bentley & Richards- Leicester, Taylor-Kent/Sussex  Punnett-Sussex,  Bear/e- Monkleigh Gazey-Warwicks

UK Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchive

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Friday 28 August 09 14:45 BST (UK) »

At least now you know he isn't one of yours Annie..........keep searching     ;D ;D
Onley/Only/Olney In Islington.<br />Wallwork In Bolton and Walkden<br />Lamb In Bolton and Ireland<br />Grundy In Bolton<br />Blackledge In Bolton<br />Osbaldeston  ?? ??<br />Barnett in Islington<br />Binyon in Islington
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton

Offline will-o-wisp

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Friday 28 August 09 16:59 BST (UK) »
IGI lists a christening for a Joseph Kilner 18 April 1790 Cathedral Saint Peter, Sheffield
Father Joshua Kilner
Mother Elizabeth
Batch J007758

Will-o-Wisp
Blower, Blakeley, Callister

Offline Annie65115

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Saturday 07 July 12 10:05 BST (UK) »
I've just come across this old Hunt (nearly 3 years ago!) and thought I'd update, as the responses here really helped me learn more about this branch of my family.

Going back to Dublin, Reuben Kilner turns out to have been the church warden at a protestant church in Dublin; he also ran a small school there. Joseph Kilner, who I've had to presume to be his son, signed his name very neatly on both his marraige entries, which I always found unusual for a FWK, but if his father was a teacher, that would explain his literacy!

The JK who married in Enderby in 1816 and the JK who married in Basford in 1832 turned out to have almost identical signatures too.

I never found out what happened to wife no. 2 (Hannah Woodhouse, Basford) but suspect that she was still around when Joseph ended up with Mary, which is why I've found no marraige for J and M.

There was a sizeable FWK trade in Dublin; J was a FWK; so I guess he had a trade that allowed him to move to the midland counties of England and make a living. His death certificate stated that he "used to work in the navy"! I've no evidence of that but someone suggested that perhaps he joined the navy during the Napoleonic wars, and went back to his original trade of FWK after the end of the wars. That's just conjecture, of course. I wonder if he had dementia when he was in the workhouse and could only, by then, remember his early years clearly and talked about the navy -- conjecture again.

Best of all, though, is that someone got in touch a few months ago re "T Kilner and sons" in Leicester in the 1940s to say that their grandfather was the "son"! So now, thanks to this other person,  I have a photo of my gt-granddad and a lot more detail of his life - I couldn't have wished for more!

So many thanks to you all!
Greenfield (Liverpool)
Rawson (Leicester)
Upton (Desford, Leics)

Offline Tephra

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday 11 July 12 10:46 BST (UK) »

Best of all, though, is that someone got in touch a few months ago re "T Kilner and sons" in Leicester in the 1940s to say that their grandfather was the "son"! So now, thanks to this other person,  I have a photo of my gt-granddad and a lot more detail of his life - I couldn't have wished for more!

So many thanks to you all!

Now, that really is a "Best of all.............."   How wonderful to have a photo of your Gt- Granddad, and to get his life filled out, so to speak.   I'm really pleased for you.

Barbara
Kitchen in Bolton
Parker in Bolton