Author Topic: Re millars - BC Lookup  (Read 2855 times)

Offline caroldawn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re millars - BC Lookup
« on: Friday 21 August 09 07:49 BST (UK) »
        B.C.lookup please

i am looking for info on a James ,his wife Annie & their son thomas.
James is the  only son of Robert & Margaret Millar flowerdale farm collace scotland 
He lived in Liverpool  where he met his wife annie ,James was a ships engineer .
The Family immigrated to canada in the early 1900 & both James & thomas fought in the first world warJames died in Vicroris  in 1943 ,& we would like to know what happened to his son thomas I know he married & had at least one son , and would like to find out his name.  I think he was also an  ships engineer. 
Caroldawn   

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Re millars
« Reply #1 on: Friday 21 August 09 09:13 BST (UK) »
The BC Archives deaths database has a Thomas Millar who died in Victoria on 20 Nov 1967 at the age of 76 which would give him a year of birth of about 1891. The BC death registrations have quite a bit of information on them. There are kind souls here who do BC look-ups. If you want them to check it out I would suggest you modify your initial post to include "BC look-up" so they will spot it easier.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 21 August 09 12:55 BST (UK) »
Is this your Millar family:
Millar, James H (or W), born N 1868, Scotland, Machinist
Millar, Annie, April 1863, Scotland
Millar, Thomas, J 1891, Scotland, Machinist
Immigrated 1911.  Living in Revelstoke, Kootenay, BC in 1911.

Canadian WWI Attestation Papers
Thomas Millar, born Liverpool, England, 9 January 1891.  Father James H Millar.  Living in Golden, BC in 1914.  Occupation: Fitter

If so, could this be James death record:
James Millar, Vancouver, 1952 2 14
Age 84
http://search.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca/sn-761825/search

Just reread your post and see that you already have James information.

Sorry, cannot find anything further about Thomas or the parents.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline caroldawn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 August 09 03:11 BST (UK) »
Hi
you are right it is them, they were fitter & turners I checked the papers for ww1 and it is james Waddell millar & his son Thomas that is mentioned
The BC Archives deaths database has a Thomas Millar who died in Victoria on 20 Nov 1967 at the age of 76 which would give him a year of birth of about 1891. The BC death registrations have quite a bit of information on them. There are kind souls here who do BC look-ups. If you want them to check it out I would suggest you modify your initial post to include "BC look-up" so they will spot it easier.

Jacquie
BC Achives

Offline caroldawn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 21 September 09 08:43 BST (UK) »

I have since found out Thomas was married after the War in Victoria & had at least one son  How would I find him
caroldawn.

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 21 September 09 16:19 BST (UK) »

Hello,

If you can obtain a copy of a death registration for Thomas you might find out the name of his son if he was the informant on the registration.

Perhaps some kind person would be willing to do the death lookup for you at the Vancouver Public Library or at the Cloverdale  branch in Surrey. It costs about 50 cents for a copy at the libraries the Cloverdale branch will email a copy and they charge about $3.00. Cloverdale is very prompt as they have a pretty extensive genealogy section and are very well known.

Lilybell
Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 22 September 09 00:01 BST (UK) »

I have since found out Thomas was married after the War in Victoria & had at least one son  How would I find him
caroldawn.

There was a war in Victoria?.... ;D Sorry, couldn't resist...

Hit modify button on first entry on your thread and change it to B.C. Lookup, please....then also be sure to add all information regarding the person who's information you wish to have looked up...ie: reg numbers from the site, etc...
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 25 September 09 07:10 BST (UK) »
You need to modify the subject line of your initial post to say B.C. Look-Up.
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline caroldawn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 11 October 09 07:28 BST (UK) »
        B.C.lookup please  trying to find out thomas wife and family & death

i am looking for info on a James ,his wife Annie & their son thomas.
James is the  only son of Robert & Margaret Millar flowerdale farm collace scotland 
He lived in Liverpool  where he met his wife annie ,James was a ships engineer .
The Family immigrated to canada in the early 1900 & both James & thomas fought in the first world warJames died in Vicroris  in 1943 ,& we would like to know what happened to his son thomas I know he married & had at least one son , and would like to find out his name.  I think he was also an  ships engineer. 
Caroldawn