Author Topic: Birth/Baptism - John SUMMERFIELD - High Wycombe  (Read 2194 times)

Offline leofred

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth/Baptism - John SUMMERFIELD - High Wycombe
« on: Saturday 22 August 09 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hi all

I  am trying to trace parents of John Summerfield,Somerfield,Summerford,Somerville. Born approx 1800.

On all census his name is transcribed as above and 1 census gives his place of birth as Wycombe and another High Wycombe. As he was living at St Marylebone London another gives that as his place of birth.

I am so confused and would appreciate some much needed help.

Thank you so much.

Offline Orpheus

• RootsChat Senior
  • Quartermain arms
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN SUMMERFIELD HIGH WYCOMBE
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 August 09 21:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Leofred

John, son of Humphrey and Elizabeth SUMMERFIELD was baptised on 25 Nov 1801 at All Saints Parish Church, High Wycombe.

The IGI has a marriage at High Wycombe between Humphrey SUMMERFIELD and Elizabeth STEWARD on 29 May 1798.

It would appear that there have been SUMMERFIELDs in High Wycombe for some considerable time as there is also a marriage for an earlier Humphrey in 1712.  Baptisms at High (or Chepping) Wycombe are not included in the IGI.  However, it is very likely that Buckinghamshire Family History Society have these in their databases which can be searched for a moderate fee.  You can contact them at www.bucksfhs.org.uk

Orpheus
Quartermain and variants - Oxfordshire
Wiggins - Oxfordshire
Lowe - Charney Bassett, Berkshire
Bettle - Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire
Marshall - Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire
Goodman - Buckinghamshire

Offline leofred

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN SUMMERFIELD HIGH WYCOMBE
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 August 09 21:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Orpheus,

I cant thank you enough, I was convinced I wouldnt get a reply. I was really worried that perhaps he was born in St Marylebone and have tried searching there for other ancestors with no success.

This is my only ancestor born in Bucks and I am begining to wish a lot more came from there.

Thank you very much

kind regards