Author Topic: mckenna family  (Read 2157 times)

Offline lorraine24

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
mckenna family
« on: Friday 10 July 09 10:54 BST (UK) »
hi everyone looking for my ancestors on mothers side of family.   John Mckenna who was born about 1820s and was married to agnes jardine.  On their son Francis marriage certificate in scotland (glasgow) John was from Sligo Ireland.    Francis married catharine fox/foley two different names on certificate.  Please help as I don't know how to go about checking Irish records thanks.   :-*
Boag research newcastle upon tyne and beyond. Lisle research tweedmouth and newcastle, johnson (newcastle) Landers (alnwick and surrounding areas) reaveley (newcastle and Blyth) heslop (durham), Mckenna (newcastle got, Glasgow-got, sligo, ireland havent got, jardine (ireland), and loads more

Offline lorraine24

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
mckenna family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 August 09 18:38 BST (UK) »
Hello again,  Sorry about the repeat of family but mckenna may have been known as macanna or something similar as accents can change the sound of a spelling.  John was illiterate and signed his name with an X i have found land registry (roads and highways) local councilparish wanted to build a road through his land.  John and Agnes nee jardine were roman catholics.
Boag research newcastle upon tyne and beyond. Lisle research tweedmouth and newcastle, johnson (newcastle) Landers (alnwick and surrounding areas) reaveley (newcastle and Blyth) heslop (durham), Mckenna (newcastle got, Glasgow-got, sligo, ireland havent got, jardine (ireland), and loads more