Author Topic: Help tracing William Archer  (Read 1397 times)

Offline sue1967

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help tracing William Archer
« on: Tuesday 25 August 09 03:01 BST (UK) »
Hi, i am stuck with finding and going a step back further with William Archer b:abt 1785, his spouse was Ann and they had two children, William Archer b:23/2/1812 St.James Parish, Westminster, Middlesex and Catherine Archer b;24/7/1814 in St.James Parish, Westminster.
Thanks you

Offline Thinlizy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Elizabeth Henderson, my grandmother, on the right
    • View Profile
Re: Help tracing William Archer
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 August 09 11:41 BST (UK) »
Hi and welcome. Had a look round and have found the following:

William Archer married an Ann Bowring 30 Apr 1810 at Church Broughton

Ann Bowring seems to have been born around 1789 at Church Broughton

The children were christened 3 Mar 1816 (but you may have this already)

This lot I found by a mix of Ancestry, IGI and Google the village and saw where it took me. With so little to go on it is hard but if you have anything else post it, Thinlizy
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
  Scotland: Borders, Forth Valley & Lothians: Bremner, Eddington/Edington, Ferguson, Flucker, Henderson, Hitchcock. Caithness area & North Isles: Bremner & Rendall.
England: Buckinghamshire area, London/Middlesex, Northamptonshire  area: Devonshire, Hitchcock

Offline sue1967

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 31 August 09 00:35 BST (UK) »
Hi, thank you so much for your help. I was given info that William b: abt 1785 was married to Ann White on 3/3/1816 at st.James, Westminster, London.? But both children were christened 3/3/1816 at St.james, Westminster. They seem to have got christened at the same time the parents got married? Also in 1816 that William was living at Portland st, Westminster as a carpenter.
Not sure how accurrate this is. I don't know where William or Ann were born or their parents.
Can you help clarify any of this please?
Cheers Sue Lord

Offline Thinlizy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Elizabeth Henderson, my grandmother, on the right
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 31 August 09 07:47 BST (UK) »
Hi again, when I searched IGI got the marriage of William Archer and Ann Bowring in 30 Apr 1810 at Chruch Broughton Derbyshire, with Ann born abt 1789. Do you feel this is not accurate? There were no parents with any of the data. Is there any indication of a Church Broughton connection? Thinlizy

added Both William and Ann were born in Church Broughton
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk
  Scotland: Borders, Forth Valley & Lothians: Bremner, Eddington/Edington, Ferguson, Flucker, Henderson, Hitchcock. Caithness area & North Isles: Bremner & Rendall.
England: Buckinghamshire area, London/Middlesex, Northamptonshire  area: Devonshire, Hitchcock

Offline sue1967

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 31 August 09 23:11 BST (UK) »
Hi thank you for your reply, the marriage date doesn't seem to match with mine. So far i have only got them in westminster, london for their marriage and their childrens christening with no mention of Church Broughton. Were both the children william and Catherine on your research christened in St. James, Westminster on 3rd march 1816? If so then i must have the marriage and area wrong and they might well have come from Church Broughton. :)

Offline Sylviaann

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Isabella Barette
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 01 September 09 10:54 BST (UK) »
The marriage of William Archer and Ann White is on the IGI http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp  as are the baptisms of the children.  You may find more children here http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers/CountryEngland.htm.  You could try for Williams birth on the IGI but unfortunately it does not seem to cover 1785 at St James Westminster

Sylviaann
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Norfolk: Gooch, Loveday, Lake, Betts
Suffolk: Gooch, Crosby, Turner
Hampshire: Laws, Burrows
Kent: Beer
Jersey: Barette, de Gruchy
East London: Middleton, Gower, O'Farrell, Smith, Weston