Author Topic: The Middlesex Regiment  (Read 38911 times)

Offline nickiejo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Middlesex Regiment
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 10 February 13 00:11 GMT (UK) »
1st Battalion movements.  Many thanks for this information: it is very helpful.

NJ

Offline JohnMcLoughlin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 03 July 13 00:06 BST (UK) »
Dear John,
I contacted you a few years ago but there seemed to be a problem with our e-mails/messages, as they didn´t seem to be getting through. My dad was in your dad´s unit in the Second World War and I have recently accessed the Battalion war diaries, one extract of which specifically mentions your father. This prompted me to try you again. I would love a photo of your father to add to my Tribute to the Fallen of the 2nd/7th Middlesex.
Kind regards,
John McLoughlin

Offline Simon

• RootsChat Extra
  • older, balder, fatter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 15 November 14 15:49 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
My grandfather, Pte Hymie Kisner was a dispatch rider in the 1st Battalion of the Middlesex Regiment. My dad and I did a pile of research on his movements during WW2 which my dad summarised in an article here...
http://www.sacps.org.uk/habimah-rh12.pdf - on page 42
Does anyone have any more information/photos/stories?

Simon Kisner

Offline stellaclare

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 07:15 BST (UK) »
I have a great deal of information about this man.  He was with my Uncle in Campo 5 and with the partisans.  One of the papers I have is a report from R F Parrott who was also an escaped POW and worked as second in command when J M Ratcliffe in Yugoslavia. If you are still contacting this site I can type up what he had to say.

Offline Simon

• RootsChat Extra
  • older, balder, fatter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 08 July 15 10:25 BST (UK) »
I have a great deal of information about this man.  He was with my Uncle in Campo 5 and with the partisans.  One of the papers I have is a report from R F Parrott who was also an escaped POW and worked as second in command when J M Ratcliffe in Yugoslavia. If you are still contacting this site I can type up what he had to say.

Do you have information about Pte Harry Kisner?

Offline smudgepants

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 04 December 15 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have been reading with interest the comments about the Middlesex regiment and was wondering if any has a copy of the regimental diary for the 1st Batalion. The reason I ask is that I am a British ex-pat living in a Normandy village called Lyons La Foręt and I know that the regiment passed through here at the tail end of August 1944 and the begining of September and I want to learn as much as I can about the Middlesex's involvementt with this area. Can any one help?   

Offline DebbyB7715

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 23 September 18 12:21 BST (UK) »
I know this is quite an old topic, but it seems to have a lot of info about the Middlesex in WW2. I am looking for information about No 8 Field Secrurity Section, which I believe was allocated to the Middlesex. Can anyone confirm this?  I can’t get much detail about my dad Alan Iliffe from his service records since it is only 22 years since he died. I know he was in France, mopping up, looking for Germans hiding after the allied forces had taken a town. He road a motorbike, Aerial square 4, I think.
Any pointers would be gratefully received!

Offline Kim Finnis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 31 July 19 14:06 BST (UK) »
A bit late to the party i know, but my grandfather was also in 2/7th and I know very minimal information on him as he died before I was born. He's name was John King and served from 1933 to 1946.