Author Topic: WILSON Cousins;  (Read 9015 times)

Offline janeygee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WILSON Cousins;
« Reply #18 on: Monday 13 December 10 03:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I just came across your Post by accident - I guess we are "kinda cousins" via James Wallace Anderson Robertson, father  of Alexander and Marguarite. James's mother Ann Calder Cook was my gg grandmother. Her first husband, Alexander Robertson, died in Glasgow and she married my ancestor Robert McCauley who also died in Glasgow. In 1886, Ann, with her 4 Robertson children and 1 of her McCauley children came to Melbourne. I am descended from a McCauley but I am still following my Robertson half twig with interest. Only recently my family and I had a plaque put into Melbourne Gen Cemetery for Ann Calder McCauley (nee Cook). If you are interested I have quite a lot of info on Ann and my side and I am interested to know what happened to the Robertson family. Cheers, Katherine

HI Katherine; 8) :)

Just caught your post today Sun/12th and thank you for sending the info you have on your side of this very mixed family.I'm afraid I do not have anymore info at present on the other members,only on my Wilson cousins and I'm hitting a brick wall with them too,I sent for some certificates and got an address for the son of 'William & Mildred,he was living at #2 Picnic St,Frankston. in 1976 when his mother Mildred died so I wrote to this address
this past July and so far I have heard nothing back,but also my letter was not returned by the postal service,so I live in hope that maybe someone out there has my letter. and someday I will hear from them.I have no idea how to find them as your archive/records don't go very far .For instance I know my cousins had 2 kids born in Glasgow before they sailed to Melbourne in 1927 and then they had one daughter born there in 1931,but I have not had much luck finding them.I'm sure they would have married and had kids,but how to find them is not so easy.
As for Andrew & Margarite Alice,they married in 1927 and I'm sure had kids but where do I find them also,,??? Are you aware of the 'Wilson' side of this big family Katherine,,?? if you know anything about them I'd be grateful to hear from you.It looks like they all lived in the same areas of Maribyrnong,Essendon,Ascot Vale,Moonee Ponds, and my cousin 'Mildred Wilson' lived in an apartment for seniors in Brunswick where she died in 1976.
So if anything here rings a bell for you Katherine,,give us a shout back  and see where we come up,,ok

Kind regards;

Janey,,, :) ::)

Offline janeygee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 22 January 11 22:55 GMT (UK) »
 HI Katherine;

Just getting back into things since we last touched base,I have not been doing any research lately as I was in hospital in December,2010.having Right Knee surgery and I am now in a Physiotherapy program at the hospital,so I am out of commission at the moment.

I was wondering if you found anymore leads to your Robertson family,and if they might have pointed to any of my Wilson family.??
I forgot to mention my Andrew & Margarite Alice Robertson Wilson according to death/cert had 3 kids,James Audrey,
Margaret,they would most certainly have been cousins to
your Robertson-Clan,were you able to find any of them on the Electoral-Rolls,??
I will look forward to hearing from you when you have time.

Kind regards
Janey

Offline janeygee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 18 February 11 19:22 GMT (UK) »
HI Katherine;

Just getting back into things since we last touched base,I have not been doing any research lately as I was in hospital in December,2010.having Right Knee surgery and I am now in a Physiotherapy program at the hospital,so I am out of commission at the moment.

I was wondering if you found anymore leads to your Robertson family,and if they might have pointed to any of my Wilson family.??
I forgot to mention my Andrew & Margarite Alice Robertson Wilson according to death/cert had 3 kids,James Audrey,
Margaret,they would most certainly have been cousins to
your Robertson-Clan,were you able to find any of them on the Electoral-Rolls,??
I will look forward to hearing from you when you have time.

Kind regards
Janey

HI Katherine;

I have sent away for some of the BMD/Certs on the Wilson,Robertson families  hoping they may give me some info on children or at least an address I can write to.
I still never got a reply to my letter to Wm Wilson Jr at Frankston,I may give it another try.also have sent a letter to last known address for Mildred Wilson when she died 1976 she lived at 'Brunswick,hoping someone there may remember her.

How are you making out with your 'Robertson' side,,any luck,,???

Drop me a line when you have time,,ok

Kind regards;

Janey;

Offline Reneespn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 13 November 21 04:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Katherine & Janey,

I know it’s been years since your postings on here, but I believe I can help you. Mildred Wilson (wife of William Wilson - married in Glasgow 1920) mother to William (Bill) Wilson (1921) and Jeanie Connell Wilson (1922) is my Great Grandmother.  Jeanie Wilson was my nana and best friend, and mother to my father obviously- Lindsay Whitchurch and his 5 other siblings.

I look forward to helping you fill in some gaps and learn more about my family back in Scotland.

Regards
Renee Whitchurch
Melbourne, Australia

Offline janeygee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 14 November 21 13:13 GMT (UK) »
 :) HI Reneespn

Thank you for your very kind post on my Wilson family cousins. have to say it's quite a surprise to hear from another  Whitchurch  after so many years. ??? I had contact from Bruce & Elizabeth Whitchurch quite a few years back and we have combined our family history. Elizabeth has done a lot of research and has a lot of info and some pictures which she sent me  a very nice one of Jeanie Connell Wilson if I remember she and Reg Whitchurch were divorced  and Jeanie remarried. ???

I will dig out the old files and get back to you Reneespn I haven't looked at them for a long time. if you like maybe you can fill me in on your side of the Whitchurch family and if you are in touch with any other members. will look forward to hearing from you again. :)

Cheers & kind regards from cold Canada ::)

Janey :)