Author Topic: Day trip to Where?  (Read 16060 times)

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Day trip to Where?
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 04 October 09 20:23 BST (UK) »

Hi Phillip
 Dont get me wrong, I am really enjoying this and its related topic but maybe, did I just get a hint, from her first paragraph that Trish is a bit overwhelmed with the technicalities of our replies.

Greensleeves has been out and photographed the location from just a fuzzy background, I thought that was well spotted, Trish's Grandad born 1880 is in the photo, to me and Mazi he looks 38-45 so that puts it 1919-1927, but thats just our thoughts. Trish says the photo is in a mount, every professional photo i've ever seen has the photographers name and studio embossed or printed on it,if this has not, and has a name and address written on the back it might well have been ordered, to be posted, from a newspaper photography department.

Anybody elses  thoughts welcome,it helps if both posts are looked at in case we duplicate.

regards Mazi's  OH

Have just modified this, is Trish really asking if its1924 or 1929, if so its going to be hard

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 05 October 09 18:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for your time and effort in trying to help date and locate the picture.  I certainly have learnt a great deal about cars and trains, than I ever knew.  Thanks again for all your effort, but keep me in mind if anything like this comes up again.  There is a Blaina website I have discovered so I have placed the picture on there in the vain hope that someone somewhere knows something about it.  Regards Trish
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 06 October 09 12:01 BST (UK) »
hi trish

no trains no coaches freebmd has a death for william dicks in bedwelty march quarter 1928,if its him in the photo this is the latest possible date,

search willim dicks 1920 1932 all counties, not many there, only one in wales
regards mazis oh