Author Topic: PART 2 - Would you care to solve a Dublin mystery???  (Read 1789 times)

Offline gormangenealogy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
PART 2 - Would you care to solve a Dublin mystery???
« on: Tuesday 01 September 09 09:08 BST (UK) »
I managed to photograph the shop front yesterday morning and have come to the conclusion that this is not the same shop which Bridget posted. If you compare the brickwork span between the two first floor windows, The span is much wider in the older one, as is the door opening.

This one of North King Street on the southside, may look like it. But without been able to see it face on, would not show the proper span between the upper windows.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: PART 2 - Would you care to solve a Dublin mystery???
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 September 09 10:10 BST (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Alicat84

• RootsChat Extra
  • My grandma, Ann Duggan (nee Keating)
    • View Profile
Re: PART 2 - Would you care to solve a Dublin mystery???
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 September 09 03:51 BST (UK) »
This might be a long shot but have you tried the Irish Times Digital Archive online?

I paid about 25 euro to access it for a week and it was absolutely painstaking trawling through all the documents but I found advertisements for my ancestors shop on Cuffe St in Dublin, was super to look at.

I also found articles relating to a tram accident that my g-grandfather had taken a photo of in the very early 1900's but we never knew when or where it was til a few months ago.

And I found articles relating to a claim another g-grandfather put in for an accident with a train in 1899, oh and some other relatives were in court in Co. Tipperary for cattle rustling from some rich guy's land  ::) Oh the shame  :P

But anyways, I think it might be well worth checking out. You can pay to access it for as short a time as a day but to be honest I nearly needed the full week to give it a proper search.
Coyne (Dublin)
Donnelly (Dublin)
Duggan (Dublin and also Cork on another side of the family)
Higgins (Dublin)
Hyland (Dublin)
Keating (Cork)
Keely (Dublin)
Killackey (Tipperary)
Langstaff (married in Dublin but no idea where from originally)
Moriarty (Cavan but moved to Dublin at some stage)
Treacy (Tipperary)
Waters (Tipperary)