Author Topic: lush  (Read 928 times)

Offline matron123

• RootsChat Member
  • My grandad Harry Reynolds
    • View Profile
lush
« on: Tuesday 01 September 09 16:12 BST (UK) »
I am looking for a Henry Lush he was born about 1745 in Hambledon Hants. I was wondering if anybody had the baptism records for this area and could see his parents names. I would be very grateful
JACKSON OF SUFFOLK, REYNOLDS OF CAMBRIDGE, PILCHER OF KENT, GOSTICK OF BEDFORDSHIRE AND LINCS, UNWIN OF ESSEX AND CAMBRIDGE, PRIME OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE, WARD OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE, WOLFE OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: lush
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 September 09 16:23 BST (UK) »
try the igi as a first step.
A search or baptisms at that time is a non-trivial task.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~hughwallis/IGIBatchNumbers/CountyHampshire.htm#H
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline matron123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 September 09 20:08 BST (UK) »
Thank you I had already searched the IGI and only found his marriage and the bp. of his son Henry 1777.
JACKSON OF SUFFOLK, REYNOLDS OF CAMBRIDGE, PILCHER OF KENT, GOSTICK OF BEDFORDSHIRE AND LINCS, UNWIN OF ESSEX AND CAMBRIDGE, PRIME OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE, WARD OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE, WOLFE OF CAMBRIDGESHIRE

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 September 09 22:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you I had already searched the IGI and only found his marriage and the bp. of his son Henry 1777.

And was he 'Of this Parish' when he wed?
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline matron123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 02 September 09 09:05 BST (UK) »
It doesn't actually say. But coincidence that it is, I received my magazine Who do you think you are and it has a disc of Hampshire records and images. I haven't looked at it yet but I will later this morning.

Offline Natz2007

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 26 September 21 19:00 BST (UK) »
Did you manage to find out any further information about Henry? I have him in my tree and all I have is his marriage and his son, Johns' Baptism.

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 26 September 21 19:15 BST (UK) »
The availability of online records has changed a great deal since the original post.

I can't see a baptism for Henry LUSH in Hampshire

There are 3 in Wiltshire between 1737 & 1740 - sons of Edmund & Elizabeth, Joseph & Hannah and Stephen & Mary.

Did he have any other children?  They might have been named after their grandparents.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Natz2007

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 26 September 21 19:20 BST (UK) »
Thank you, I just realised the year this was posted. I suspect this is possibly the case that he moved from elsewhere.