Author Topic: Thomas Weaver  (Read 16008 times)

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Weaver
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 21 August 11 16:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Nick
Yes it can get frustrating but I guess the policies are in place to protect users.

I note the one Weaver born in Brithdir has the unusual middle name of Prince so he should be easier to trace, not a name I've come across before.  If there is anything I can do to help just ask.

Regards, Roy
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JMAR

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 22 August 11 11:12 BST (UK) »
I also am experiencing difficulty in locating Thomas and Mary in 1891.
Thomas's brother William who was killed in Gallipoli is my grandfather.
Dear JMAR:
I have been tracing the Weaver family tree for some time and would welcome making contact. I have so far got back to Pryce Weaver's gtx3 grandfather Thomas Weaver c1730 of Montgomery. He is descended from one of Thomas's sons, also Thomas, I am descended from his brother David Weaver.
I'd be pleased to contact you and send a tree I have drawn up, if you contact me on: (*)
Kindest regards
Nick

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Hi Nick, 
We are related via Weaver family Montgomery. I have carried out a lot of research and would be happy to exchange findings. William (killed in Gallipoli) is my grandfather.
Kindest regards,
Jean.

Offline nikolai51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 29 August 11 19:18 BST (UK) »
Dear Jean
Thanks for getting in touch. I would be happy to exchange family tree research on the Weavers with you. I am also working closely with Allan Weaver (another distant cousin) on the Montgomery Court Rolls which contain details on admissions of all burgesses there - a key source of
information to supplement some very poor quality handwriting in early Parish Registers.
How can we best exchange information? I'm very new to Rootsweb and obviously don't want to offend its protocol, as otherwise I would welcome
exchanging email details with you.
Kindest regards
Nick Waloff

Offline nikolai51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 29 August 11 19:28 BST (UK) »
Dear Jean
Would you be able to tell me who your parents are? That would certainly help move things forward.
Kindest regards
Nick

Offline nikolaid51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 30 August 11 15:48 BST (UK) »
Dear Jean
Look forward to hearing from you in due course.
Kind regards
Nick Waloff

Offline nikolaid51

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 01 September 11 10:34 BST (UK) »
Dear Jean
I can be reached at:
7 The Maltings, Whitehorse Lane, London SE25 6UJ
if you would like to send a message to me
I don't know how else to contact you as I cannot with the best will in the world work out the rootsweb contact system.
Kind regards
Nick

Offline alicehenehan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 15 April 12 20:07 BST (UK) »
Hi, apologies, I'm new to the forum, I just found this by googling..

I have just been given my grandmother's family tree work, and I am descended from a Pryce Weaver from Montgomery  b.1814 (my great X3 grandfather) , and he is apparently son of a Thomas Weaver, grandson of another Thomas Weaver, though no dates for these two.

I have a wider tree written down here, but these are the names I'm picking out from what I've seen here. Would this tree be of any use to anyone, or would any of you have any dates that would be of use to me?

Also a note has been made by my grandmother's late husband that the existence of the earliest Thomas I've mentioned is referred to in Burgesses' book... I'm not entirely sure what that means either so any help appreciated- I'm a bit of a newbie here!

Offline Dannemois

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 16 April 12 11:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Alice
If you have read all messages relating to this topic you will see that I am the person who started it all off.  I am always interested in anyone with a connection to people who have lived in Brithdir and if you say there is a connection I would be more than happy to view your family tree.  At this moment in time I am waiting for my lift to take me to hospital for a short stay, so if you reply to this it will be a few days before I can read it. 

Regards, Roy (Dannemois)
anything and everything to do with the village of Brithdir, near New Tredegar in Gwent.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JMAR

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 20 April 12 11:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Alice
As will see from previous postings I have been researching for a number of years, my Montgomeryshire Weaver family ancestors.
I would certainly like a copy of your tree and maybe we will be able to fill in a few gaps for you.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Jean.