Author Topic: George Forrest McNab Neillands  (Read 4900 times)

Offline jockmct

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Forrest McNab Neillands
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 March 14 06:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Angus,

I can certainly provide background on the Forrest and McNab part of George's name. It was interesting to note that George changed McNab to MacNab in his American documentation.

Hear from you soon.

Offline 10pints

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 25 August 15 20:35 BST (UK) »
Hi

I'm just starting looking for the family of a friend of mine who knows of no other relatives except his daughter. This is the Aussie branch of the Neillands family.

My friend is the son of Thomas Blackie Neillands (1906). His grand parents were George Neillands and Janet Blackie and his G.Grandparents were George Neillands and Ann Mcnab (or McLellan?)

I'm presuming George Forrest Mcnab Neillands was the cousin of Thomas Blackie Neillands.

Any help gratefully received.

Neil.
Edinburgh, Scotland

Offline angusg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 28 August 15 00:22 BST (UK) »
I just paid some expensive credits to confirm the relationship.
George NEILLANDS married to Jane BLACKIE 1898 is the brother of William NEILLANDS who was married to Catherine Glasgow GUTHRIE 1916, so if you send me a PM I can share the details from Scotland's People.maybe you can fill be in on the Australian side.  Thomas Blackie
NEILLANDS was born at 64 Spring Gardens, Edinburgh Father's domicil was Station Master at Station House, Gorebridge.
Yours Aye,
Angus
Watt, Beattie,Glass,McDougal, Guthrie,Blackie,Pringle,Balmer,Headridge,Hunter,France,Greenhill
Gordon,Lawson,Anderson,Reid,Stott,Milne,Jackson,Walker McArthur,Hardie.Dunnet,Dundas
Thorburn, Mosley, Stewart, Wood, Gladstone, Darrie,Melrose
Duff,and in the States/Canada: Kidder,Duff, Blake,Robertson,Kerr.

Offline 10pints

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 31 August 15 18:39 BST (UK) »
Hi

I can't pm you until I do 3 posts so this is number 2. I have a couple of extracts from the Scottish records which I will send once I've completed my 3rd post.

Are you on ancestry.com?

My friend is currently in Dubai for a couple of days on his return to Australia but he did send a quick email below.

Many Thanks.

Neil.

My friend's reply...

Hi, thanks very much for all that info. I'll print it all when I get home.

There was another George - my father's elder brother was George Forrest Neillands (I think) so Forrest was likely a family name somewhere. Also as a kid I always sort of understood we were connected to the McNabs so that ties in. Uncle George bought a painting of a fierce Highlander called The McNab of McNab, which I still have on the wall.

Looking forward to the next bit!

Neil.

Offline angusg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 31 August 15 20:31 BST (UK) »
Looking at my records.

George Forrest McNab Neilands was the eldest child & son of Willian Neillands & Catherine Glasgow Neilands born 6 Aug 1917, Doune Cottahes, Lower Oakfield, Kelty.. Died 1965 Santa Clara  California USA 94402.

The Forrest name comes from ann Anderson McNab her mother was jean or Jane Forrest.

Keepi Posting.
Watt, Beattie,Glass,McDougal, Guthrie,Blackie,Pringle,Balmer,Headridge,Hunter,France,Greenhill
Gordon,Lawson,Anderson,Reid,Stott,Milne,Jackson,Walker McArthur,Hardie.Dunnet,Dundas
Thorburn, Mosley, Stewart, Wood, Gladstone, Darrie,Melrose
Duff,and in the States/Canada: Kidder,Duff, Blake,Robertson,Kerr.

Offline 10pints

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 01 September 15 10:49 BST (UK) »
Hi

There's an Edinburgh postal directory on http://www.mocavo.co.uk/Edinburgh-and-Leith-Post-Office-Annual-Directory-1933-34/705930/456 which I guess has my friends immediate family.

After this 3rd post I should be able to PM you.

Neil.