Author Topic: Jamieson?Jamison Waterside Londonderry  (Read 26997 times)

Offline IvanGilliland

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jamieson?Jamison Waterside Londonderry
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 19 August 15 18:07 BST (UK) »
Hi
David Alexander Jamieson is/was my grandfather.  If you are still looking for info, drop me a line at *, and i can give you some info including a family tree.

*Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsChat general practice to avoid unwanted spam.  Please use the personal message system (PM) to exchange such information.  New members may need to make two or three posts in order to be able to access this system.  Thanks

Offline parke1969

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 01 February 16 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi I stumbled across this post your grandmother Maggie was my great aunt. I have been researching my mum's family quinn originally from enniskillen. Her father was James Maggies brother. It would be great to hear from you. Hopefully you get this post.

Offline parke1969

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 01 February 16 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm researching my mum's family and came across this post. Maggie jamison née  quinn from Spencer road was her aunt. My mum's grandmother was mary quinn nee West from cross sreet. Any help would be great hopefully this message reaches you  tks martin.

Offline Marie White

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 25 March 16 07:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello.

My mum was Mary Jamieson born in Waterside and lived in Eglinton.  Her mother was Margaret English, her father William Jamieson.  Margaret had three other children, Margaret, Anne and William.  William Jamieson was a quarryman and worked in Scotland.  Margaret died during childbirth and Mary, Anne and William were brought up by the Duddy family in Eglinton. Does this link in anywhere with your findings?  I've never been able to find out much on the family. Best wishes, Marie.

Offline parke1969

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 25 March 16 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marie I think that's a different family from ours. But I know that there is still jamison families living in eglington area. They own a company called evergreen lawns also they are farmers.

Offline emstrjg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 16 June 16 15:58 BST (UK) »
I am interested in a James Andrew Jamieson who married a Kathleen Grieve 29 July 1920, Great James St Presbyterian Church Londonderry.  His father is listed as George on the certificate.  This fits in with the Jamiesons in Duke St 1911 census.  The rest of the information on the certificate - witness names and Kathleen's father's name and occupation would point to Kathleen being an Aunt of mine.  The only problem is that she does not appear to be recorded by the family nor is there a birth record on the GRONI site.  Age is 'full' on the certificate so she must have been born between 1889ish and 1899.  When the Grieve(s) siblings were getting married they lived at 32 Spencer Rd. Duke St and Spencer Rd have been mentioned before in the thread as being close.   Does anyone have any information on this couple?  Rob Elliott did mention earlier in the thread that a Andrew J and a Herbert Jamieson (brothers) were in the Ebrington area after WW! 

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 16 June 16 16:58 BST (UK) »
I am interested in a James Andrew Jamieson who married a Kathleen Grieve 29 July 1920, Great James St Presbyterian Church Londonderry.  His father is listed as George on the certificate.  This fits in with the Jamiesons in Duke St 1911 census.  The rest of the information on the certificate - witness names and Kathleen's father's name and occupation would point to Kathleen being an Aunt of mine.  The only problem is that she does not appear to be recorded by the family nor is there a birth record on the GRONI site.  Age is 'full' on the certificate so she must have been born between 1889ish and 1899.  When the Grieve(s) siblings were getting married they lived at 32 Spencer Rd. Duke St and Spencer Rd have been mentioned before in the thread as being close.   Does anyone have any information on this couple?  Rob Elliott did mention earlier in the thread that a Andrew J and a Herbert Jamieson (brothers) were in the Ebrington area after WW!

Is this not a possibility for her (Kathleen / Catherine) in 1901 and 1911?

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/No__2_Urban__South_Ward/Windmill_Terrace/1536501/
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Londonderry_Urban__2_/Windmill_Terrace/602698/

Father Thomas Grieve was described in the 1920 Grieve - Jamieson marriage as a mechanic.  Likewise the Thomas in the above census returns was described as a mechanic when he married Mary Eliza Hart on 27 June 1888. Daughter Catherine was born 17 August 1892, again Thomas was described as a mechanic.

Offline familyroutes

• RootsChat Senior
  • The O'Kane Family Garvagh
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 16 June 16 17:20 BST (UK) »
Familysearch has a record of Catherine Grieves born 1892 Londonderry. GRONI also records the surname as Grieves.
O'Kane, O'Mullan: Garvagh Derry
Bowe: Currabaha ,Waterford
McManus: Aghagallon ,Antrim
McGowan: Drumshambo, Leitrim

Offline emstrjg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 16 June 16 18:31 BST (UK) »
Thank you gaffy and familyroutes for you quick reply.  We have the birth details for all (?) the Grieve(s) children born to Thomas and Eliza Mary Hart(e) living in Windmill Terrace for the 1901/11 census.  They had 14 in the end (last one in 1916 my father). Catherine is one of  them and there is no record of her marrying anyone.  As you did, I also wondered if Kathleen was actually Catherine.  The problem is that apparently the family knew her as Cassie.  In fact she was a witness to a sisters marriage in 1916 and signed as Cassie Grieve.  Also on the Kathleen Grieve/ James Andrew Jamieson marriage certificate 1920 Kathleen quite clearly signs as Kathleen.  This is why I was trying to approach the problem from the Jamieson side to see if anyone had any information and knew of the marriage.  Maybe something will pop up.