Author Topic: Wolfenden Kenny c1778  (Read 5267 times)

Offline Blue Ted

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wolfenden Kenny c1778
« on: Saturday 05 September 09 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hi, Im trying to trace this ancestor born in Ireland.

We know he had two children, one born London c1821 and a daughter born ?? The daughter Anna married a Weldon Deverell, guessing Kildare, as we've found in "The Gentleman's magazine 1844 the report of her death" At Clonagath, Kildare Anna Beaumont, wife of Weldon Deverell and dau. of Wolfenden Kenny.

Also believe Wolfenden Kenny may have owned a mill, not sure if North or South. Have also found records of his military service in the Peninsular War. But can find no trace of hir birth, marriage or death - guessing the death would have been in England, but not sure.

If anyone can help with either Wolfenden Kenny or the Deverells, that would be great.

Many thanks
Regards
BarbaraB

Offline BallyaltikilliganG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Wolfenden Kenny c1778
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 September 09 08:15 BST (UK) »
Hi  BarbaraB,  from http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
Deaths Sep 1857    Kenny  Wolfenden    Stepney  1c 321
An obituary might say more about his business
Good luck, Jim
Gracey Gracie Gracy Grassy Greacy
worldwide

Offline Blue Ted

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 September 09 10:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks Jim - I did in fact send for that death cert. some time ago but for whatever reason, not 100% sure its our W.K.  But surely there cant have been more than one with a name like that!
Still trying to trace an obituary but to date no luck.
Oh well, onwards & upwards!
M thanks
Barbara

Offline cliffbax

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 25 November 09 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara

I am also researching a Wolfenden Kenny and I think there is more than one.  The one I am looking for is not an ancestor of mine but his wife Mary (nee Kettle) is of interest to me.  He married Mary in 1805. I have quite a lot of information about my Wolfenden Kenny who with Mary had at least 7 children and is (I believe) the one who died in 1857. I have traced some of his descendants as far as 1901 and believe that they were marine engineers based in the Liverpool area.  There is at least one other completely separate family who carry the "Wolfenden" name as a middle name who are based in East Anglia and there is another Wolfenden Kenny in the US.

Offline cliffbax

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 26 November 09 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara

I have had a notification that you have sent me a personal communication but I can't open it at present - I will try to investigate.  I am very new to this site so please bear with me!

Offline Blue Ted

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 26 November 09 12:51 GMT (UK) »
Im quite new to it too! Seem to remember I had same problem - think its down to number of posts you've made so if you reply to this again, you should be able to access the PM
Regards
Barbara

Offline cliffbax

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 26 November 09 14:36 GMT (UK) »
OK I'll try and hope we can make contact!

Offline mons1914

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 29 July 10 10:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara,
For your info, Wolfenden Kennys Peninsular War  medal is currently for sale on C. J. Dixons on line medal list with a photo. Dixons are a very reputable medal dealer.
       Hope that is useful to you.

Offline obbie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • miska moo samoyed and holly hunter cocker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 29 July 10 10:49 BST (UK) »
several
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#givenName=Wolfenden&p=recordResults&surname=kenny&searchType=close

on
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp
gives marriage 29 apr 1805 to mary kettle in marylebone and wolf son on 26 nov 1810 bapt 23 dec 1810 shoreditch

Added : info from medal site .
Lt. Kenny first saw service in Captain Smart's Company, 2nd Bn. 31st Regiment (Huntingdonshire) from 01.05.1806 and transferred to the 40th Regt (2nd Somersets) on 07.05.1807. He was with the regiment in Limerick in Ireland and then at Clonmel from Dec 1807 to the end of March 1808. We then find him in Dublin and again in Limerick from 25.03.1808 with the 1st Bn. The regiment embarked from Cove, Cork in August 1808 and he is mustered Aug/Sept at Monte Santa in Capt Poters Compy., Sept/Oct - Benedicine, Cornnau? Oct/June - Portugal, June/Sept - Badajoz and Sept/Dec - Garda. In the muster of Dec 1809 it states he has resigned.
Sold with photocopy papers and research
 census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Hanrahan dublin - brock limerick dublin - farrington wicklow dublin - fagan dublin wicklow - mescall clare u.s.a - heron herring wales england