Author Topic: Where was Claringbold - Isle of Thanet?  (Read 5225 times)

Offline jmp

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Where was Claringbold - Isle of Thanet?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 01 June 12 22:52 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Giles4 for that it certainly gives some idea of the scale of the place

You are most kind and if you need any help in the Oxfordshire area please let me know ;D
Cheers
Jackie
Devon: Hortop, Phillips, Palmer, (Lamerton area)
Derbyshire: Hancock, Widdowson (Sheffield area)
Suffolk:Ratcliff ,Howlett, (Lowestoft area)
Kent:Ratcliff (Ramsgate area)
Norfolk: Stout, Fiske

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Tamas

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 October 13 21:59 BST (UK) »
Hello there, are you still seeking information about Claringbold?  I stumbled across an old pamphlet giving information about Alexander House School issued to the parents of prospective boarders.  It Lists the curriculum and aim of the school along with some photos of the buildings and grounds amongst other details.

I just registered onto the site to enable me to post this to you.  I was a border there briefly between 1958/9.

Let me know if it is of interest to you and I'll attempt to attach it.

Tamas

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jmp

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 08 October 13 22:10 BST (UK) »
Dear Tamas,
Welcome to Rootschat.
Thank you very much for your post. I have sent you a personal message with my details and if you are able to let me have a copy of the pamphlet I would be most grateful
Best wishes
Jackie :D
Devon: Hortop, Phillips, Palmer, (Lamerton area)
Derbyshire: Hancock, Widdowson (Sheffield area)
Suffolk:Ratcliff ,Howlett, (Lowestoft area)
Kent:Ratcliff (Ramsgate area)
Norfolk: Stout, Fiske

Offline sdjofkent

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 18 August 18 22:54 BST (UK) »
Bit of a long shot as I see the last post was some time ago. I'm looking into the history of Green Lane just round the corner from St Peters Road and where Flaring old would have been. Just wondered if anyone has any old photos of the road? These days there a mix of houses along the street, 1900s one side, 1930s the other, with properties bookending which could be slightly earlier. Many thanks Shaun :)