Author Topic: dally/godsall ledbury COMPLETED  (Read 3241 times)

Offline bramcor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
dally/godsall ledbury COMPLETED
« on: Sunday 06 September 09 04:48 BST (UK) »
Have found a family tree on IGI but info relevant to my tree is submitted, rather than extracted, so I am wondering if the connection is credible. Sadly, the Forest of Dean transcriptions don't include births/baptisms in 1834 as yet so I am wondering if anyone can verify 2 records.
Is Frances Godsall the daughter of Richard & Hannah Godsall, apparently baptised 27 Dec 1834?
Did she give birth to Emma Godsall, b 25 July 1859 in Bye St, ledbury?
Richard & Hannah are living in Bye St in 1841 with daughter Fanny & again in 1861, with daughters Fanny 23 & Emma 3. Emma is more likely to be the daughter of one of Hannah's children. Fanny is likely to be Frances.

Offline Dave Jones

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: dally/godsall ledbury
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 September 09 09:23 BST (UK) »
If you go on Forest of Dean Family History Site you can see full details of the Ledbury parish records including the Godsall events you refer to.

Offline bramcor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: dally/godsall ledbury - completed
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 September 09 15:08 BST (UK) »
Many thanks, Dave. I thought I had checked what was available from the Forest of Dean records but I've now looked again & found the births of Frances Godsall & Emma Godsall. My notes indicate that 1834 baptism records for Ledbury were not yet transcribed but they certainly are now - & it looks as if I have found an interesting family connection (even if it is by marriage!!). Now how do I indicate that this particular query is completed? Best go check the info on the opening pages as I think I saw something somewhere. Thanks again.