Author Topic: Trying to find Butt  (Read 2271 times)

Offline cazcove

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Trying to find Butt
« on: Sunday 06 September 09 12:53 BST (UK) »
 ;D I am trying to find Clarence Gordon Ernest Butt Born 1923 in Bournemouth his parents where Ernest Wilson Butt Born 1902 married Marjorie Louise Robinson Born 1905.
Clarence as we where told was taken by his grandparents as my gran was in service and could not keep him with her.She said she only only see him once more at a few months old. My granparents went on to have my father Anthony Wilson Butt in 1925 and shortly after broke up. I cannot find Clarence or Ernest any where.
His great grandparent was Gertie Amelia Butt(unmarried when she had Ernest) dont know if she was married when she took Clarence but she married in 1913 to Joseph T Green
Please can anyone help me
Butt,Robinson

Offline wifeywebb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find Butt
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 September 09 20:26 BST (UK) »
Hi cazcove, and welcome to rootschat,

Just trying to work out relationships here - so, could you clarify who's who for me. I think I must be having an off day (too much ironing!!)

Ernest Wilson Butt and Marjorie Louisa Robinson are the parents of Clarence and Anthony, and they are your grandparents???

Clarence and Anthony's grandmother was Gertie?

Do you have any other on Gertie that might help find her and Ernest in 1911?

Offline cazcove

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 September 09 15:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Thank you for getting in touch here we go.
Ernest and Marjorie where my grand parents there children are Clarence and Anthony (Anthony my father).
Gertie was Ernest mother Gertrude Amelia Butt (unmarried) she was born 1883 in Bethnal Green London her parent where George W Butt born 1855 Salisbury Mother Emma Elizabeth Clark born 1856 Northamptonshire.
Gertie married a Joseph Thomas Green B:1864 Chorlton they married 20/12/1913 in Oldham.
Great grandparents took Clarence but Gertie was not married at that time, every thing my father and i have been told ( by gran) has turned out wrong I only found Clarence's name in the last few months as my dad did not know it. I have tried every where to find Clarence whereabouts, maybe they changed his name?. It would be lovely to find him regard Cazcove
Butt,Robinson

Offline wifeywebb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 September 09 15:24 BST (UK) »
Ok, thanks for that. I have it all straight in my head now!!!!!

It appears that Gertie was registered in 1883 as GertY Amelia Butt, and there are several on the 1911 that look possible, but don't seem to match with an Ernest. Just hope that might be a starting point for finding Clarence.

My kids will be home from school shortly, so I'll try and have another look later.

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 07 September 09 15:45 BST (UK) »
We have to be very careful when mentioning names of those born as recently as the 1920's as they may still be alive. Rootschat's policy is NOT too allow any names of those still living to be printed.

Clarence's birth is in Christchurch with the surnames you give and mothers maiden name of Robinson too.

Not sure exactly what is is you are searching for?
Going backwards or forwards?

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cazcove

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 07 September 09 15:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply living person is my father whom lives abroad so would be hard to find has he has no property in his name.As for Clarence i dont know if he is alive. My grans maiden name was robinson, what i said thats wrong is Gerty was my greatgran and it is Clarence i am trying to find.
Butt,Robinson

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 20 October 10 03:28 BST (UK) »
Hi -I am trying to locate a Ronald Ernest Butt-born about 1918-1928. He maried in 1946-Marylebone. In Dec 1989(as per his wifes death certificate), was living at 22 Garden Row, Gravesend, Kent.
He was a train driver. This is all the info I have regarding him.  With the middle name of Ernest, I am hoping he may be related and born in the right time period.
Would like to hear back from you. Thanks in advance.
BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 20 October 10 10:42 BST (UK) »
Ankerpep,

I think you need to be very careful mentioning this chap as he may well still be alive.There's one born in 1924 who is a very good possibilty,and therefore still only 85/6 if still around.

Regards

Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk