Author Topic: David BURRAGE  (Read 2846 times)

Offline Wagga Wagga

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
David BURRAGE
« on: Sunday 06 September 09 23:51 BST (UK) »
David Burrage was a timber merchant.  In 1842 David married Emma King at St. George Hanover Sq. Mdx.  David and Emma had 13 children (12 boys 1 girl-Alice).  Several of the sons followed into the business.  In 1861 they were living at 58 Park Cottages, Hemel Hampstead, 1871 2 Moor End, Boxmoor, H.H., 1881 94 Fishery Villas H.H.  David died at Boxmoor in 1882.  His sons were-Frederick (my great grandfather) George Isaac, David Walter, John Sidney, Henry Alfred, Robert Owen, Andrew King, William Henry, Warner King, Edwin King, Horace Herbert, Hollis Harry.  Over the years the last 4 boys immigrated to Australia.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: David Burrage
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 September 09 01:43 BST (UK) »
Hi

Although you have posted information - can you tell us what it is you want from us - additional inf perhaps?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Wagga Wagga

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: David Burrage
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 September 09 07:24 BST (UK) »
Hi CaroleW

This is such a large family, I was hoping someone would pick up on the name and have some general info.  There does not appear to be many researchers looking into the 'Burrage' name.

Offline Fribbins

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: David BURRAGE
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 October 10 23:06 BST (UK) »
This is very interesting, since I am also related to David and Frederick.
Frederick (1843-1926) was my great-great grandfather: his daughter (Ellen b.1870), my great grandmother. Also I happen to only live about 6 miles from the Boxmoor and Hemel areas mentioned. Do you know any more about David - e.g. his date and place of birth and his ancestory?