Author Topic: Thomas MacGillivray lived Alnaha/Cawdor  (Read 18083 times)

Offline fearliathmor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas MacGillivray lived Alnaha/Cawdor
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 12:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi.  There were several Mcgillivray families living in Nairnshire at the time.  My grandmother's sister,  Margaret Mcgillivray,  was born in Cawdor in 1871,  married John Fortune Wilson in Nairn in 1900,  and had 3 children: John Fortune Wilson in Glasgow in 1900; Margaret Mary Mcgillivray Fortune Wilson in Nairn in 1902; and Euphemia Fortune Wilaon in Musselburgh in 1905.   Is this your family?

Offline mofav

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 01 August 13 11:51 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on James Macgillivray born 1915 in Nairnshire. His parents were Thomas Macgillivray and Jessie Fossett.  Does anyone have info on Jessie because I have drawn a blank there.

Offline Fortune Daughter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 31 August 14 12:21 BST (UK) »
Hello fearliathmor,
I have just come upon this thread by accident when researching the MacGillivrays and realised that this post was from my mother! She had been starting out with her family tree research but soon gave up due to ill health so I don't think she ever saw your replies. Unfortunately my mum passed away two years ago but I have been trying to work on the family tree and would love to find out more about the MacGillivrays. My Great Great Grandfather was Thomas McGillivray (Shepherd) who married Margaret Noble in The Free Church Manse in Daviot in 1859. I believe they had 9 children from census records and my Great Grandmother was their daughter Margaret. She married John Wilson in January 1900. It sounds like Margaret and your Grandmother were sisters? I would love to find out more and hope you see this reply. My mother would have loved to have made contact with you.
Kind regards,
Fortune Daughter

Offline sian83

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 14 April 15 21:46 BST (UK) »
Hi and thanks.
Thomas McGillivray was my great Grandfather, and Hannah Sim(e) my great Grandmother.
The family as I have researched is as described by Carole W (but William was actually 22 at the time of the census). So I think we maybe on cross wires?
Best wishes

Well, this is my first visit, and I'm fascinated. IainP, Thomas Mac G and Hannah Sim are my great grandparents too! I think as you say the age for William WAS 22. I am James's grand daughter. Which of them are you through? Unfortunately I only ever met maiden great aunt Hannah as a child.