Author Topic: Willis in Cavan : COMPLETED :  (Read 1768 times)

Offline vivwill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Willis in Cavan : COMPLETED :
« on: Tuesday 08 September 09 03:34 BST (UK) »
Thomas Henry Willis was born in County Cavan, Ire. c. 1856.  His father was John Willis, Farmer.   This information is taken from the marriage certificate of Thomas Henry.
I know nothing of his mother or any siblings.
I have located John Willis's in the Freeholders List  in Swadlinbar and in Griffiths Val. in Scrabby and  Kinawley (2).   I have trawled many sites but have come up with nothing to confirm which is the father of Thomas Henry.   Can anyone help me go further with this. 
Many thanks.
Willis - Lanc & Ire.;  Dunning - Lanc.; Gatward - Herts; Cossar; Fenton Perth Sco;

Offline Luzzu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Willis in Cavan
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 September 09 12:48 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I can't help you with this one but I would PM the moderator and ask for the post to be moved to the Cavan board in the Ireland section as I think you will get a better response there.

:)

Luzzu
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Armitage, Slaithwaite; Buck, Staffs & Hampshire; Buckley, Bolton & Manchester; Temple, London & Hampshire; Crummett, Norfolk & Burnley; Osborne, Cornwall & Burnley; Haigh, Manchester & Todmorden; Gralton/Grant, Manchester & Ireland; France, Manchester & Slaithwaite; Shackleton, Burnley & Yorkshire; Dicks, Nottingham & Wiltshire; Sowter, Derbyshire