Author Topic: Kelly Family Errill  (Read 4513 times)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Kelly Family Errill
« on: Tuesday 08 September 09 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi!!

Have come across my great grand mother on the 1911 census in errill with his siblings and parents. what i want to find out though is what his mothers maiden name is. The information I have is:

james kelly aged 40 born 1871
mary kelly (wife) 37 born 1874
Patrick 14
Mary 12
William 10
Kieran 6
Margaret 4
Katie 1
James 2

James and Mary were married 13 years according to the 1911 census

Any help gratefully appreciated!!
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Kelly Family Errill
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 September 09 15:44 BST (UK) »
I'd say the best way is to look for a birth cert for one of the children using the familysearch index : http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=2;t=searchable;c=1408347

It looks like Errill would be in the Registration district of Donaghmore,but I dont see any Kelly births in that district that fit the names... maybe they were registered in an adjacent district ?

this looks like the best match for Kieran's birth, in Roscrea district, just to the north west of Errill  :

Name: Kieran Kelly
 Registration district: Roscrea
 quarter and year: Jul - Sep 1904
 volume: 3 / page: 413

Sometimes it's possible to check for a cross match in the marriage index .. but it would be difficult with the fairly common surname and first names

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests