Author Topic: Coolgreany Evictions  (Read 37061 times)

Offline powerwicklow

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Coolgreany Evictions
« Reply #45 on: Monday 10 December 12 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kath.

Jim Rees has written several local books as well as "Split Personalities". I would say if you are to make contact with him he will put you in the right direction as to a copy of the book. Amazon have it but its not for sale yet. Even to get his book and see what his sources were.

John.
Webster , Parker and Smith in Wicklow. Power , Lewis and Livingstone in Carlow and Wexford. Forde in Monaghan . Orr in Cavan.

Offline ailbhe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 06 February 15 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Very interesting thread. Anyone  have any connections to Murphy/Darcy?  My father's god parents were Timothy and Elizabeth Dary.  His name was John Murphy. born Ballyloughlin, Monaseed christened in Kilanerin. Johns parents were Samuel and Bridget both Murphys.  Bridget's parents were   Michael Murphy, Annagh, and Mary Darcy. Michael's parents were James Murphy, Annagh, and Bridget Kinsley.  Mary Darcy Murphy's  parents were  Michael Darcy and Elizabeth Kinsley.   Other names in the family  Osborne, Kerwan Sullivan, My fathers father Samuel Murphy was from Carriglegan, Ferns. He was carpenter and moved to the Murphys house at Ballyloughlin after his marriage. 
Wonder were these Darcys related to the evicted Darcys?  I know my father spoke about a Cannon Darcy. any ideas, I would be most grateful.

Offline Kath nee Greene

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 06 February 15 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Great, thank you John

Offline Kath nee Greene

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 06 February 15 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if they are the same Darcy family but my gt grandfather Daniel Green/e married a Mary Darcy in Kilanerin.  They had two sons, John and Patrick and a female born in Dublin.  Don't know what happened but Daniel, 20 years later married a Bridget Byrne and they had a John, Patrick and Elizabeth.

Do you know where the family were buried?
If you can let me have some dates for your Murphy and Darcy and I will see what I can find

Offline ailbhe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 18 February 15 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Kath the following are the details of my Darcy line.
Michael Darcy married Elizabeth Kinsley.  she was from Ballyfad.
children Hugh, 1816. John 1819, Patrick 1822, Catherine 1824, Bridget 1833, William 1836.

Bridget 1833 was my gr.grandmother she married Michael Murphy  born 1828  son of James Murphy and Bridget Kinsley, who farmed at Annagh  most of their children had Darcy Godparents. 

My fathers Godfather Timothy Darcy born 1890 was the son of Michael. Michael Darcy was the son of WilliamDarcy and Jane Blake.  Timothy married in Dublin. He too had a sister Mary Darcy. 

Any help in connecting the families appreciated.

Offline Kath nee Greene

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 20 February 15 13:09 GMT (UK) »
I have quite a few registrations for the Darcy family which you can have but far too many to note here.  They are from the Coolgreany, Ballyfad and surrounding areas.  You may be able to link them together.

It is my understanding we have to correspond three times on this site before we can share email addresses - is that correct Shane?

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 08 March 15 18:28 GMT (UK) »
You both have 40+ posts,  you only need 3 in order to use Personal Message facility.  :)

Offline ailbhe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 12 April 17 19:31 BST (UK) »
An update on my Darcy line. Hugh Darcy born 1751 died Mullaun, Coolgreany in 1835 he was my gr.gr.gr.grandfather. His son Michael Darcy  my gr.gr.grandfather. Mary Darcy, Michael's daughter born 1833  was my  gr.grandmother. My gr.grandmother Mary Darcy was sister to Hugh Darcy born 1816 whose family photos from the Coolgreany evictions are in the NLI photo archives. Hugh was dead by 1887 his widow Ann is the lady in the bed in the photos. All the above are buried in Ballinfad just to the side of the church door.  Related names Kinsley/Kinsella/Osborne/Murphy etc.

Offline Kath nee Greene

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Saturday 15 April 17 16:27 BST (UK) »
Hi ailbhe

You mention the surname Osborne.  Where does this come in your family tree?

Here are the details of my gt grandfather's marriage  Arklow Parish Births.  Mary Darcy Marr Daniel GREENE KNOCKGREANY 16 Feb 1863, Kilanerin. Witnesses Thomas Darcy and Denis Garvey
Mary Darcy's sibling.  Mary had a brother Thomas and I have found out the other day she also had a brother Patrick as I have since found this -
Daniel and Mary Greene were godparents to Bridget in 1863 born to Patrick Darcy and Honora Mulligan living in Crohen, page 19 Killenior parish records.

Daniel's brother Patrick married an Elizabeth Kinsella - parents John Kinsella and a Judith Kavanagh.

Do you think the Christian name Miles/Myles would be Michael in 'English'?