Author Topic: Ancestry is at my Library!!!!  (Read 964 times)

Offline wildtech

• RootsChat Senior
  • 3rd Great grandfather Thomas Wild III
    • View Profile
Ancestry is at my Library!!!!
« on: Saturday 12 September 09 17:52 BST (UK) »
Whooohooo just found out that my library - not 5 minutes walk from the house - has a subscription to Ancestry.  They don't advertise it though.  There was a lady there today doing a family research surgery - basically to look for anyone who would like to do a course in family research.  Asked her for some advice on one of my brickwalls and she told me that the library has an Ancestry subscription.  So I'll be down there on a couple of my days off and make goooooooooood use of it  ;D  ;D  ;D  (PS I'd asked the librarian and she didn't know and hadn't been told!)
Wild, Weekly, MDX and BKM
Rayner, BKM
Smith, NTH and ESS

Offline J.A.M.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Pte. Alexander McCalmont C.E.F. 1916
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestry is at my Library!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 September 09 14:20 BST (UK) »
SOME PEOPLE HAVE ALL THE LUCK!!!!!

GOOD HUNTING.
Islandmagee, County Antrim, Ireland

Offline silvery

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • information Crown Copyright, from www.nation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 17 September 09 16:42 BST (UK) »
Lots of libraries have subscribed to the 'Library' edition of ancestry.    It's got everything I think.  Well worth having a look at your local one to see if they have it.
"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline wildtech

• RootsChat Senior
  • 3rd Great grandfather Thomas Wild III
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 17 September 09 23:01 BST (UK) »
Lots of libraries have subscribed to the 'Library' edition of ancestry.    It's got everything I think.  Well worth having a look at your local one to see if they have it.

Yes it is Ancestry Library.  I spent a couple of hours there the other day and checked out some of my American `cousins` on the US censuses.  Next week I'm on leave so I'll see what else is available.  Well worth the visit.
Wild, Weekly, MDX and BKM
Rayner, BKM
Smith, NTH and ESS

Offline nestagj

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 September 09 14:55 BST (UK) »
I used a Library Ancestry the other week whilst on holiday to try and print off some censuses (!) which I'd forgotten to do (on hols doing research) and trying to print them off was an absolute nightmare.  In the end I gave up found a comfortable hotel bar with wifi and just saved them onto my laptop..............hic !