Author Topic: annie regan david leahy  (Read 5028 times)

Offline gina45

• RootsChat Member
  • Catherine Leahy and Francis Meates
    • View Profile
Re: annie regan david leahy
« Reply #9 on: Friday 25 September 09 23:07 BST (UK) »
i found a david leahy on the familys search site and his eby was 1864 and his death date was 1901 now i dont know if i have the right one.. the reg district was bandon ... any idea
brennan o reilly leahy regan moore howlin meates/mates penston, toole, crowley adams

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline GAJM

• I have turned off all notifications of new replies
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 25 September 09 23:08 BST (UK) »
Hi have you seen the 1911 Census for Proby's row, Arklow, Co.Wicklow

There is Patrick Kenny living with his wife Annie

And there is Leahy's living with him down as son's and born in Cork so must be your family.

Patrick Kenny 1911 Census

You can view the original census form by clicking on Household Return Form(A)

Patrick Kenny and Anne Leahy were married in 1905
Kinsale Registration District
Apr-Jun 1905
Volume 5 Page 185

If you look at the census form Patrick Kenny and Anne Leahy had two children born in Cork.

Ballinadee is very close to Bandon and Bandon Registration District covers some of that area so is likely that is your David Leahy death in 1901.

The last son William Leahy was 11 in 1911 according to census in Arklow.

The only Catherine Leahy the right age is back in Kinsale in Cork

Catherine Leahy Census

Appears she is working as a domestic maybe she stayed down in Cork for a while. Looks like she is with her sister Ellen.

In 1911 Census it has down that Annie had seven children.

So we have the two children with Patrick Kenny, Dora and Thomas.

Must have being 5 with David Leahy maybe Ellen c.1894, John c.1895, Catherine 1896, Patrick c.1898, William c.1900.

Ger

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline gina45

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 26 September 09 12:43 BST (UK) »
yeah i know about her in arklow and seen the census .. i dont think catherine had a sister ellen but i will ask someone later and post it. but as far as i know they all came to arklow including catherine when her mother came because she met my grandfather francis meates and my aunt and mother were both born before 1919.. my grandfather francis meates died of the 1918 pandemic flu that spread through europe... but i will check it out..i am really lookig for infor on annie and david birth certs deaths certs marriage certs .. i think i have the marriage but have to wait for it to come to see... it said they married in district of kinsale but bandon is a closer reg district and i know they got married in ballindee church well thats the story .. but sure it might only be a story which i discovered in many cases in my family tree on both sides.
brennan o reilly leahy regan moore howlin meates/mates penston, toole, crowley adams

Offline GAJM

• I have turned off all notifications of new replies
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 26 September 09 14:34 BST (UK) »
Ok from your earlier post taught you had not seen the census in Arklow as you were saying David could have died anytime up to 1915.

Ger

Offline gina45

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 26 September 09 17:57 BST (UK) »
i did but i didnt think about the dates then.. my granny catherine leahy did not have a sister ellen..

Offline gina45

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 05 March 10 13:02 GMT (UK) »
would it have been common to  leave a child to work in cork and her mother move to arklow.. she was only 14 .. just curious if this would have been a done thing .. 14 years old seems to be very young to leave behind working even though she was with her sister

Offline gina45

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 02 August 10 12:08 BST (UK) »
i have since discovered that you were right catherine even though so young was left in ballinadee with her sister ellen which i have only found out about... and that they worked as domestics when they were down there so  you were right... thank you ... patrick kenny was i have discovered also fishing for mackeral down in bandon when he met my great grandmother and they married and moved up to arklow where he lived... so the jigsaw is going well .. thanks everyone for the help you have given me.. but if anyone has anymore info send it this way..
gina