Author Topic: Mount Pleasant Inn, Broughton(Moss?)  (Read 17952 times)

Offline Wynne. E

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mount Pleasant Inn, Broughton(Moss?)
« Reply #27 on: Monday 07 March 16 17:21 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather Dennis Wynne lived at the mount pleasant and it was still owned by the Wynne family until it was de licenced in the 50's.
Maud Francis Wynne my great grandmother married to Daniel Wynne ran the pub and In fact bought the pub off the brewery!
I took my grandmother for a drive up there today!
The property is now devided into separate houses!
She has a lot of stories to tell about the Wynne family of the time.

Offline Pinksparkles

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 03 May 19 12:51 BST (UK) »
My dad believes this was in the 1940’s Mount Pleasant, Pentre Broughton. This is his Grandad (William H Davies) and dad and uncle.
Update - not sure how to upload a photo?!

Offline Janala

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 13 December 20 00:34 GMT (UK) »
I am very interested in this post as I seem to have come across a connection on a marriage certificate dated 1898. This is of one of my late mothers relatives on her fathers side. It shows George Wynne 22ys of Mount Pleasant Cerney marrying Mary Elizabeth Williams 20yrs of the Tunnel Inn Moss. I think the couple may have been my great grandparents I also remember a relative called Dennis  Wynne who owned a chippy in the Moss.

Offline Janala

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 26 December 20 21:59 GMT (UK) »
I believe 3 entries are required before i can send a private message to activate this chat again. I will try to see if i can also upload the map i have of moss valley from the history society

Offline Janala

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 26 December 20 22:07 GMT (UK) »
My husbands father also lived at 12 Boathouses moss when he was a child. Strange to think he may have known my relatives.

Offline paulw67

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 26 September 21 22:12 BST (UK) »
My Dad Des was born in Mount Pleasant in 1935 and his mum and dad were Maud and Daniel. My dad after getting married lived in 10 Mount Pleasant next door and this is where I was born along with my brother. My dad sadly passed away a couple of years ago but my mum Gwenda is still with us. The pub had been turned into a residential property by the time I was born in 67, but I still have memories of going into the cellar where the beer was kept and the old area on the left hand side of the front / back door ( not sure what door was used when operating as a public house ) where the bar was situated. We also spent a few months living in number 12 around 1980.