Author Topic: Hawarden  (Read 16472 times)

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
Re: Hawarden
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 October 09 19:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Brephy.....

Not sure if this will help, but here is a list of The Weigh children, born to Robert Weigh jnr

Robert Weigh - Sarah Jones , married January 30th 1815, Robert was a labourer

Sydney Weigh, daughter of Robert Weigh and Sarah Jones / born 14 Feb 1815 baptised 1 March
Occupation , Farmer, Wood Lane

EDWARD WEIGH, son of Robert Weigh and Sarah Jones / born 3rd Oct 1816 , baptised 27th October
Occupation , Labourer , Ewloe

Joseph Weigh, son of Robert and Sarah / born 28th February 1818 baptised May 29th
Occupation Labourer, Ewloe

Samuel , son of Robert and Sarah / born 26th December 1819, baptised 9th Jan 1820
Occupation Labourer, Wood Lane

The following children, are also the children of Robert and Sarah. On their baptims, he is described as a Small Farmer, of Wood Lane

Thomas, born 13th November 1821
John , born 11th March 1823
Mary , born 13th May 1825
Jane, born 1st October 1827
Elizabeth , born 30th September 1829

Hope this helps

JeannieR
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline brephy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 10 October 09 16:14 BST (UK) »
Thankyou JeannieR.  I am really getting a picture of the Weigh family now and where my grandfather was born.  It does look as though Edward, his father and probably other family members worked on Paradise Farm and they lived in the farm house or perhaps a cottage on Wood  Lane belonging to the farm.  They were such a large family, I doubt they would have had room for my great grandmother if she had not been related.

Best wishes

Offline Bernardivoredge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 March 10 17:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brephy
               Just been reading your post, Edward Weigh and Jayne Yates were Brother and Sister-in-law of my Great-Great-Great-Grandfather, Thomas Weigh, Edward's Father Robert is my Great-Great-Great-Great-GrandFather, They owned Paradise Farm.

Regards Ivor

Offline Bernardivoredge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 16 March 10 18:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brephy
               Sorry I forgot to say that Paradise farm was in Wood Lane.

Regards Ivor

Offline brephy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 18 March 10 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ivor
 I was very pleased to see your posting.  I feel sure that Sarah Phythian must have gone to stay with relatives to have her illegitimate baby because her mother Sarah Phythian nee Yates was ill at the time and died soon afterwards.  Sarah and the baby were accepted by the family.  I haven't yet been able to find the connection between Jane Yates and Sarah Yates, and therefore proof that they were related.  I know that they both came from Liverpool.  The marriage cert of Jane and Edward in 1851 gives their ages as "full".  I have a baptism for a Jane Yates in 1826 in Childwall, the place where my Sarah Yates married James Phythian.  I think Jane died 1880.  According to the details given by JeannieR, I see that Thomas was your ancestor.   Do you know if Edward took on the farm and where his siblings lived?  Do you know anything at all about the Yates family? Do you know if our Jane was born 1826?   I should be glad of any information at all.

Thanks again.

Offline Bernardivoredge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 18 March 10 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brephy
              Firstly I have not really done any research on Jane Yates, other than, she was born in Woolton, Liverpool in 1826, I think her Father  was called Joseph, Jane did die in 1880 at Paradise Farm, Edward took the farm over from his father Robert, I have vast amount of Weigh's in my tree, if you wish I can invite to be a member, My Tree is on Myheritage and I would need your email address to do this, in the mean time I will try searching for the Yates family.

Best Regards Ivor

Offline Bernardivoredge

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 18 March 10 19:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brephy
                Question? did Aaron Phythian marry trice, firstly to Alice Hannah Baines and then to Elizabeth Forshaw, if that is true, do you have a photo of Aaron.

Regards Ivor

Offline hovis22

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 19 March 10 19:47 GMT (UK) »
eddie and emily weigh were the last owners of Paradise farm, they sold the land off to Redrow in the 80's, and lived in the middle of the 3 bungalows in paradise place, they have both and there were no sons or daughters.

Offline brephy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 20 March 10 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ivor

Many thanks.  I have sent you a personal message.  Yes Aaron was married to Alice Hannah Baines then to my grandmother Elizabeth Forshaw.  He died in 1897.  I do have a photo.