Author Topic: Thomas Stevens -Gloucs  (Read 2252 times)

Offline fams 123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Thomas Stevens -Gloucs
« on: Wednesday 23 September 09 15:14 BST (UK) »
Hello,I am trying to find the birthplace of Thomas Stevens.I know he married a Margaret his children are as follows:
John Stevens b.1761 Sherborne Gloucs.
Robert Stevens b.1764 Sherborne
Thomas Stevens b. 1766 Sherborne
Thomas Stevens senior was the grandfather of Robert and Joshua Stevens the Swing Rioters of Chedworth Gloucs.They were transported to Tasmania in 1831. Would be most grateful for any help.Regards Vera Shipp

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Stevens -Gloucs
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 16 December 09 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vera

There is another post about Robert and Joshua, I've just replied to it = can't remember whether it's yours!?

It doesn't mention the grandfather, so possibly you have a relation out there - I will just check!

EDit: is Alansdad related to you?

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,422330.msg2900985.html#msg2900985

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline alansdad

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 December 09 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vera,

I have to thank Arranroots for sending me a link to you. My Great x 3 grandfather was Joshua Stevens who along with brother Robert was transported to Tasmania during the 'Swing riots'. I have some information on the family although I can't help with Thomas senior. Do you know whether Robert returned from Australia after he was granted his pardon? If so what happened to him? I also have the Robert, son of Thomas, as being born c1760 as the baptism records show 08/07/1760 in Northleach. If that is true maybe Thomas was born there, Other information I have is that Robert senior's father was called Edward and his mother was called Mary. Obviously some confusion here, can you throw any light on it? Any further information you have on the family I would be grateful for and if you have any questions that I might have the answer to please let me know.

Best Wishes
Alansdad
GLS - Cove, Autrey, Watts, Roberts, Stevens
Sutherland - MacLeod, McLeod, Bannerman
Devon - Watts
Hants - Watts
Wilts - Stevens, Cove

Offline JamesTuck

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 18 September 18 15:32 BST (UK) »
Hi, I am also descended from Joshua Stevens. I know that he was born Chedworth Gloucestershire England
Feb 12 1788. I have some more info on his parents and other info, which I will gladly email to you.

Nigel

Offline alansdad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 19 September 18 18:41 BST (UK) »
Hi James that would be brilliant. If you could send them to aeaaja@tiscali.co.uk please.
Thanks Graham
Devon - Watts
Hants - Watts
Wilts - Stevens, Cove

Offline alansdad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 25 September 18 20:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Nigel, that would be brilliant. If you could send them to aeaaja@tiscali.co.uk please.
Thanks Graham
Devon - Watts
Hants - Watts
Wilts - Stevens, Cove