Author Topic: farr family  (Read 24951 times)

Offline Jayemal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: farr family
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 28 October 12 08:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello Katmon

I'm so glad I posted the question!  Would be so good to get some background on her life.  The reason is that we are intending to form a group connected to the Christ Church, Alfriston cemetery where we also have family.  We also hope in future to write a booklet with brief information on the lives and backgrounds of those buried there.  Would you know why the headstone reads '27 March 1892' ?  And also why she is (apparently?) the only family member buried in this cemetery?  I have just joined this forum to post my question so am not sure how to get further information from you other than via this site.  My name is Janine Leighton and I live in Auckland.  My user name is Jayemal (initials) because every name I tried was 'taken'.  Regards, Janine

Offline Pukenga

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Monday 05 September 16 12:51 BST (UK) »
Hi
My maiden name is Lockley and my ancestor is William Lockley and Elizabeth Connell from Cambridge. I come from Henry Lockley their son.  I have got William's death cert from NZBMD.  He was born near Birmingham, England not Rhode Island USA as the Cambridge Museum says.  There are afew mistakes on it.  I also have Elizabeth Lockley's Death cert as well and marriage cert.  I also have worked out she is the daughter of Basil and Mary Connell, they arrived on the Bombay into Nelson on 1842.  Have them on the 1841 census in Whitehaven, Cumberland, England.  I live in New Plymouth, New Zealand and am totally hooked on family trees.

Regards

Jillian

Hi Jillian

I am new to this but we also are from the William and Elizabeth Lockley (nee Connell) branch. Our line comes from their daughter Mary Collins (nee Lockley) who married James Collins. We come from their son Percy Collins who married Sarah Collins (nee Lane).

Offline Jillian Bellringer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 01 November 16 07:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pukenga

Have just read your message about Percy Collins and his 2nd wife Sarah. I have done some result on the Collins side but have been having a few problems.

I have work out they James and Mary Collins have abt 14 children.

Jillian

Offline temiro tawa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 01 November 16 13:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jillian,

Hows things?,    and they would all be my cousins. Any chance you could PM me their names ?  wjorders@hotmail.com.

Hope your enjoying family trees still.

Jon

Offline temiro tawa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 11 December 16 16:35 GMT (UK) »
  :o   :)

Can anyone explain to me why..........

Fanny " Annie " Connell. 1838–1896,  Whitehaven, Cumberland, England, died 4 Oct 1896 in Melbourne Victoria, Australia,

Is not listed on the 1841 England Census along with the family, and I cannot find her in their emigration to N.Z. record in 1842.

But she did marry John Henry Richardson in NOV 1863 • Canterbury, New Zealand

Where was she in 41 ?  and when did she come to NZ ? 

Merry Xmas,
Temiro