Author Topic: CANNY, Clonmoney Ballycasey  (Read 8217 times)

Offline McPherson

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CANNY, Clonmoney Ballycasey
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 03 March 19 23:56 GMT (UK) »
Dear Peter, I have been researching my family history for 3 years and can reveal that I am the great grand daughter of Joseph Francis Canny born to Matthew Canny and Antoinette Galwey at Clonmoney House in 1865. He died Sydney in 1912 and is buried at Waverley Cemetery. He arrived Sydney on the SS Quetta in the 1880s and became prominent in the Bank of NSW. He married Florence Fisher Cripps, daughter of Dr Charles Fisher Cripps of Rockhampton and they had three daughters including my grandmother Marie Antoinette( Minette) Canny, named after her grandmother Marie Antoinette (Minette) Galwey. My father, William Joseph Canny Hudson, who was Chairman of the NSW Milk Board, was an only child and died prematurely in 1971. With the assistance of Cork Library and the Butler Society of Kilkenny Castle, I have traced my family history through the Galweys back 37 generations to Rollo, the Viking Conqueror of Normandy and his wife Poppa of Bayeux. Amazing Stuff! Have just spent significant time in Ireland and visited Nadrid House and Clonmoney House. Joseph Francis Canny was the brother of James Canny who settled in Peru. Would love to meet up one day. Cheers Janelle McPherson, Sydney