Author Topic: WHITE family - Adelaide - COMPLETED  (Read 6045 times)

Offline karenoz

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WHITE family - Adelaide
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 06 December 09 21:44 GMT (UK) »
We think Rootschatters are the best, Whitey.....we've completed some amazing searches.  :D  :D

And it is usually team work that achieves it.   :)

Dee

How very true Dee,  (I  know you and I  have worked together a number of times with such wonderfull outcomes)

The team work on  the Australian board is just wonderfull and usually a pleasure to get involved with especially when  the receipient is very appreciative of the outcome. 

Jenn

Yes you are the best ,these ladies have help me out heaps,
i just want to say BEST Wishes and you have a neat and safe  Christmas

karen
McInnes,Weir,Glass,Low,Bolton,Fuller,Hamilton,walker,Henderson,McKirdy,Thomson,cammock,Durham,Kelly,Andersen,Bartlet,Bottomley,Vercoe,Chiene,Quinn,

Offline yt2

• RootsChat Member
  • Always happy to swap information - contact me
    • View Profile
Re: WHITE family - Adelaide - COMPLETED
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 13 April 10 00:55 BST (UK) »
Just in case you all thought that I had given up on this one.  ;D  ;D  ;D

I have come upon an interesting piece of information that adds a tiny bit more substance to the arguments we have been pursuing.

I previously noted (30Sep09) that ""In January 1876 Benjamin Watson, carrier of Adelaide, bought 10.25 acres (4.1 hectares) of section 87 (Speirsville) from the estate of the late Samuel White, butcher of Plympton."

At http://archivemaps.com/mapco/adelstreets/streets18.htm  there is a 1929-era chart that shows section 87 of Speirsville. Interestingly, there is a locality of Black Forest, (the 1853 birth registration locality of Mary Ann White) that borders the property sold to Watson. It's been quite a while since I lived in Adelaide, but I believe that this is a bit further west of the modern day location of the suburb of Blackforest.

So ... while I still can't pin down the elusive Joseph Frederick White, the Samuel White/Margaret Walsh marriage that produced Mary Ann White of Black Forest is indeed the same pairing that lived at "Bay Rd Plympton", the birthplace of Joseph Frederick White.

As Pink Floyd sang ... all in all we're all just bricks in the wall.

So where does that leave me? Getting closer but still not quite there.  ;)

I live near Merimbula, NSW, Australia and am interested in the following families
White of Adelaide
Greene of Adelaide
Canny of Co Clare Ireland and Robe SA
Atkinson of Co Mayo Ireland
Ford of St Austell Cornwall and Burra SA
Gibbs of Oxfordshire and Cannington WA
Daley of Carlton Vic and Oaklands SA
McMahon of Marion SA
Denholm of Edinburgh Scotland and Lyndoch SA
Parkinson of Angaston SA